• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Wednesday 8-10 Discussion

rayzor

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Like this?

This is one of the better team's I've been around.

I think our culture is really strong and that comes down to Matt and the coaching staff and what he's built here.

And Fit has said 3 QBs.

Not hard to buy that the culture could be good.

Doesn't mean we're gonna win games though.

And the comments about three quarterbacks have been regarding the active roster. They're not counting practice squad when they say that.

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Re: Baker and Matt - My take is, I'm excited about Baker this year.  I'm excited about Matt ingeneral, especially for the future as he has time to develop while Baker runs things this season, at least.  I dont know what happens after this year.  I have a feeling that Matt can be, and may be really, really special.  He has some abilities and tools, and characteristics, that just can't be taught.  The release, great arm strength/zip, moxie, leadership, and athleticism.  Those things, as-is, might be the best in our QB room right now.  He has already flashed in limited opportunities more than any other rookie QB we've had outside of Cam, and maybe Kerry Collins, but I'm not 100% sure about Collins because I was a kid with limited access to reports and such due to the internet not really being a thing then.😂  My impression from back then was that Collins was not all that impressive, and honestly, I even felt that way when he played.  Regardless, before I derail myself, my point being, he has shown promise that 99.9% of the time had already been extinguished at this point of the offseason with any other rookie QBs we've had, not named Cam.  There's an electricity to him, and you can feel it just watching him and watching the clips from practice.  There's something special about him...  and I say all of that to say, that why I don't know where things go next season.  I think Baker is capable of being a Top 15, possibly top 10 QB in the league.  For stretches, he has actually put up top 10 numbers, and I think it's possible for him to sustain that, and thus, I think he could lead us to the playoffs in any given year.  He's a really good QB.  But, that "it" factor, and the natural talent that Corral possesses...  I just don't know how long you can hold that off.  It really is so very similar to what happened with Smith and Mahomes.  I think Baker is a slightly better version of Smith because of the potential for deep passes and big plays...  but they're both winners and leaders.  And just like Mahomes, Corral possesses certain things that just can't be taught, and if he develops the mental part of the game, you can't stop them from "ascending" to the top, as McAdoo said he is currently doing.  And as i said yesterday, if agendas are thrown aside, and had Baker not been acquired, I'm fairly certain Corral would be the starter as a rookie.  It is a good problem to have, and it's going to be interesting to watch unfold.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

2 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

what the media doesn’t know is that corral has already finished practice, and is actually playing in the preseason right now.

and why is everyone triggered by the mention of a big dong? feeling insecure? 🍆🍆🍆

”i have a giant wiener” references in 3…2…1…

Sunglasses Reaction GIF