• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE Eric Ebron wants to play for the Panthers

hepcat

37 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If he wasn't a bust, he'd still be with Detroit. He has never played anywhere near a first round level, much less the number 10 pick. That's a bust. Now that's not to say that he can't be a halfway productive TE or at least a red zone threat. 

What 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

If he wasn't a bust, he'd still be with Detroit. He has never played anywhere near a first round level, much less the number 10 pick. That's a bust. Now that's not to say that he can't be a halfway productive TE or at least a red zone threat. 

He’s actually had a pretty solid career for a TE. Not an “elite” guy but he’s been a pretty solid starter especially as probably your #3 or #4 option. 

21 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I can't sign off on that "most collective talent" comment. We have had some insanely talented OL in the history of this franchise. Outside of Moton and maybe(HOPEFULLY) Ickey, none of these guys would make a top 10-15 in our history. 

Frankly, I think top 25 is a big stretch. 

1-10 I dont see a equal. 1-4 sure there were some better groups. The Norwell-Kalil-Turner for 2.5 years was as good as ANY interior in the NFL(people always say Cam had no OL and thats wrong). Gross-Wharton-Kalil was another great combo.

Ickey- 6th overall 1st OL pick

Christ- 2021 3rd, gettin fluff, High RAS 

MJ- fine depth

ELF- sucks. strength is out in space and pulling

Colbert- 33rd overall in his draft class, still young and good

Mo Town- Im not the biggest fan, but hes solid

Erv- 19th overall, one of the few players in the NFL thats able to play all 5 spot(bad at most)

Mays- Good proven SEC player rookie

Brown- Super dark horse and is looking like he remains in the shadow

Boze- started on good team for yrs and was a leader and well liked by teammates.

Daley- gots a few starts on resume some at LT, cannot stay healthy

Teck- Baylor all-star and knows his role is on PS, he accepts 

Horton- been on PS for 2 years, looks like hes pushing for 2nd reps by reports

Pleasants- had maybe the best PS game as a player. Leveled up and hopefully he lands back on PS

I cannot member the last time the guys at 9-14 being this good. Plus the starting unit of Ickey-Christ-Boze-Colbert-Mo town could have 03, 15 results if not for the huge over-haul to player/coaches. 

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

1-10 I dont see a equal. 1-4 sure there were some better groups. The Norwell-Kalil-Turner for 2.5 years was as good as ANY interior in the NFL(people always say Cam had no OL and thats wrong). Gross-Wharton-Kalil was another great combo.

Ickey- 6th overall 1st OL pick

Christ- 2021 3rd, gettin fluff, High RAS 

MJ- fine depth

ELF- sucks. strength is out in space and pulling

Colbert- 33rd overall in his draft class, still young and good

Mo Town- Im not the biggest fan, but hes solid

Erv- 19th overall, one of the few players in the NFL thats able to play all 5 spot(bad at most)

Mays- Good proven SEC player rookie

Brown- Super dark horse and is looking like he remains in the shadow

Boze- started on good team for yrs and was a leader and well liked by teammates.

Daley- gots a few starts on resume some at LT, cannot stay healthy

Teck- Baylor all-star and knows his role is on PS, he accepts 

Horton- been on PS for 2 years, looks like hes pushing for 2nd reps by reports

Pleasants- had maybe the best PS game as a player. Leveled up and hopefully he lands back on PS

I cannot member the last time the guys at 9-14 being this good. Plus the starting unit of Ickey-Christ-Boze-Colbert-Mo town could have 03, 15 results if not for the huge over-haul to player/coaches. 

I mean, you kind of lay out my case for why this isn't a good unit but just view it as a good unit.

I don't think we are gonna agree on this. Let the season play out and we can revisit the "most collective talent" comment.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, you kind of lay out my case for why this isn't a good unit but just view it as a good unit.

I don't think we are gonna agree on this. Let the season play out and we can revisit the "most collective talent" comment.

Not going to act like ELF, daley, and erv got huge issues. Still Erv as your swing tackle aka #8 OL is a good thing. Daley should get cut, and if youre cutting a young player that had around 35 starts(some at LT) that a good reflection on talent. Elf should not be starting, but boze got a 3 week ankle deal. If Christ is in fact one of the best panthers and Colbert is like a OG Mo town.....it should cover up many of Elfs issues until boze returns.

Right side- average to Great.

C- awaiting Boze return/awful ELf.

Left side- two studs with elite potential.

Bench- legit players with great spot starters, no issues. 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

He’s actually had a pretty solid career for a TE. Not an “elite” guy but he’s been a pretty solid starter especially as probably your #3 or #4 option. 

Yeah, he's been solid, but not a top TE. I think he's worth a middling TE contract. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Not going to act like ELF, daley, and erv got huge issues. Still Erv as your swing tackle aka #8 OL is a good thing. Daley should get cut, and if youre cutting a young player that had around 35 starts(some at LT) that a good reflection on talent. Elf should not be starting, but boze got a 3 week ankle deal. If Christ is in fact one of the best panthers and Colbert is like a OG Mo town.....it should cover up many of Elfs issues until boze returns.

Right side- average to Great.

C- awaiting Boze return/awful ELf.

Left side- two studs with elite potential.

Bench- legit players with great spot starters, no issues. 

I mean....a bunch of those guys are barely NFL players.