• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Carolina Game Ever...

chknwing

Just now, ellis said:

24 days til kickoff…Ricky Manning, Jr. gave us one of the great unsung moments in Panthers history. 

One of the most compelling playoff games of our era, to be honest: 

The league's, "enforcement emphasis" just destroyed that guy.

And this year, they're doing it again 😕

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, dave-o said:

Wow...  '96....  Hard to believe...  And yeah that Cowboys game was probably the best tho...  We knocked out Deion Sanders and Micheal Irvin...  There was a picture a day or two after the game in the Charlotte Observer showing "prime time" being helped on a plane....

Yeah, I remember that too.  It was so good for this fan base to see us have the home game and destroy Dallas..   

For those who are younger,,  watch the size of our LB and OL ..  For that matter watch SF's too lol.  Huge pads too.  But these guys were fast and mean.    I've watched the game in the post above and we had some MEN playing.  No replays to overturn the call on the field.  Kerry Collins would bring that ball back down and take off.  

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, chknwing said:

Which is your favorite game in Panther history.

mine, 2015 NFC Championship game was amazing. Best of the NFC going head to head and Carolina stomped a mud hole in them.

Damn, you almost convinced me, we were hitting on all cylinders in that game. But THIS from week 12 tops it, IMO. "How bout dem boys"?

https://youtu.be/39s57pYcgsU

https://www.panthers.com/video/luke-kuechly-back-to-back-interceptions-16380937

Edited by shaqattaq

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

2003 week 2 versus Tampa Bay. Completely whooped early on in the game, Coach John Fox benches Rodney Peete and sends in unknown Jake Delhomme to salvage at least the team's dignity. Delhomme goes from zero to hero and brings the win back, assisted greatly by fantastic defensive efforts and special teams play.

The Cardiac Cats were born and the season that had more edge of the seat moments than any other one culminates in a last minute Superb Owl loss to the New England Patriots, who had cheated time and again. 

Sorry to call you out, but you need a memory check.

This all happened in week 1 against the Jags. 

Week 2 was the aforementioned crazy kick block game against the Bucs. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, chknwing said:

Which is your favorite game in Panther history.

mine, 2015 NFC Championship game was amazing. Best of the NFC going head to head and Carolina stomped a mud hole in them.

Obviously the 2015 NFC Championship.  I don't think there will ever be another game like that, even if we win a Super Bowl on day.  Just the complete and total domination of the Cardinals, and the atmosphere being there live was like nothing else I've ever experienced.  Great times. 

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

2003 week 2 versus Tampa Bay. Completely whooped early on in the game, Coach John Fox benches Rodney Peete and sends in unknown Jake Delhomme to salvage at least the team's dignity. Delhomme goes from zero to hero and brings the win back, assisted greatly by fantastic defensive efforts and special teams play.

The Cardiac Cats were born and the season that had more edge of the seat moments than any other one culminates in a last minute Superb Owl loss to the New England Patriots, who had cheated time and again. 

I thought they put Jake in at halftime of Week 1 vs. Jacksonville?

• Pie 3

38 minutes ago, ellis said:

24 days til kickoff…Ricky Manning, Jr. gave us one of the great unsung moments in Panthers history. 

One of the most compelling playoff games of our era, to be honest: 

Manning was so damn good before they changed the rules on CBs. 

Just now, Cam's New Arm said:

I'm sure it's been said but..

Thanksgiving game VS Dallas wearing the blueberry uniforms.

The entire game was 🤌.

I watched that game amongst a group of Cowboy fans.

Didn't act like an a--hole for even a single second.

No, really! 😁

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Sam Mills was a great man. I only briefly saw him coming out of Eddie Bauer in South Park, we briefly acknowledged each other he was gone months later. I'll always treasure that moment I saw Sam Mills in person. Glad I didn't go into geek mode.

I met his wife at Superbowl 50. She was just coming out of the players area where she was visiting her son who was coaching for us. She saw me in my Mills jersey and came up and told me she was his wife. We talked a moment and I let her know that there were a lot of us who remembered him even 10 years later and we would surely keep pounding. I got a picture of her and I on my wife's phone somewhere. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, coffee said:

Here are the top 10 games I go back and watch in order of preference:

1. X-Clown

2. X-Clown

3-7. X-Clown: There is nothing you could ask for that this game didn't have.  Incredible defense, incredible offense. The most nerve-wracking game I've ever seen.  A fluky 'JAKE! what the heck are you doing?' fumble that ended as a Moose TD.  A comedy of penalties that just kept moving us back and back, and then it was, oh yes, back again.  A devastating last-minute Rams comeback.  Horrible coaching decision. Missed sudden death FGs.  And this doesn't even come close to describing it all.  Then there was the greatest play in Panther history.  "IT'S OVER! ... IT'S OVER!"

8. 1996 Steelers game. (For those that mentioned this one, shame on you for not speaking of the greatest highlight: Cowher holding back laughter while the refs decided whether to penalize Sir Purr.)

9. 2005 playoffs against the Bears that had beaten us earlier in the year and were so cocky sure they were going to easily get by us again.  (This is the game that Smitty shared the cool secret about during the game Saturday.  The play that set the stage and let the Bears know hibernation time was coming.  What we all thought was an awesome pump fake was actually Jake trying to throw where Smitty was supposed to be on his hitch route.  But Tillman was ready for it so Smitty took it upon himself to head to the endzone for the "That guy thinks he's gonna tackle me.  I'll just slam on the brakes and let him fly on by" TD.

10.  Wow.  Gotta pick between (a) "You've been watching film, too, huh?  That's cool. Watch this!" (b) "Ice up, son!" (c) the day some unintelligible Cajan came it at halftime (d) the rain game (e) Seahawks playoffs [that we won.  God! Not the other one!] (f&g) Cowboys playoffs and (h) the game that got Chucky fired.

X -CLOWN, has the be the best by all standards.  It was like a walk off grand slam in the World Series, or chipping on 18 to win the Masters etc ..  all the games we’ve listed have their place in Best Panther Game Ever..  I bet we can all tell you where we were when Smitty split those DB’s .. It was Dec,, I was at a soirée and all the men were glued to the big screen..  all screaming with that play …. ahhhhhh 

• Flames 1