• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yeah.  

But Reality is he made that Mistake a year ago...

With Fields not Corral..

I agree. Before that because Marty was all over Herbert and went to Oregon on lockdown unlike almost all the other teams. If I remember correctly Rhule reportedly said, nah, don't pull the trigger on that. Marty was a first round hound dog, he smelled a OROY. We had a very high pick and assets. We should have went hard.

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

That's what really messed up for him. No wonder Cam didn't want anything to do with this "situation". Wise. 

Totally wasted pick. Wasn't valued. Gave his best, which most of us know is better than these guys, wasn't allowed to compete.

We all knew Corral had absolutely no chance starting for Matt Rhule. We all knew before the season used car salesman preferred a car with more miles, character, squeeks, smoke... sometimes, just run it!

That's why Operation Golden Corral was satire. Our HC ISN'T Bill Belichick. We all knew that, opposite.

I agree. We'll be looking for a top pick. It's a Matt Rhule promise.

Corral was being red shirted this season no matter what.  It sucks for him that ended up being a medical red shirt.  Short of a QB injury armageddon, Corral wasn't taking a meaningful snap this season anyhow.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Corral was being red shirted this season no matter what.  It sucks for him that ended up being a medical red shirt.  Short of a QB injury armageddon, Corral wasn't taking a meaningful snap this season anyhow.

It won’t register with him. He is all in on Corral being the best QB and blaming Rhule for his struggles…

• Pie 2

Rhule missed on Mac Jones too. Don't forget that. Lots of opportunities.

23 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Deep QB draft this year.  People will get all caught up focusing on Stroud and Young.  We won't be bad enough to get either of them and I'm fine with that.  The next tier beyond those two is considerably deep.  It's hard to say exactly at this point because the season hasn't started yet, but it could be as many as 4-5 guys with a mid-late first round grade.

Yes, but don't underestimate the luck of this HC.

There's a almost 80% chance we'll be in the running. New coach! Matt Corral in a honest QB battle will do wonders.

I hope big bucks gets us Jim Harbaugh. QB problems solved. He'd love Matt Corral. He would have nurtured Matt and made sure he'd seen some battle before enemy fire was involved.

Full speed reps are undervalued. Too much stock in imaginary. I'm not downing imaginary, don't get me wrong. So far as getting bones and tendons and reaction time ready for absolutely full speed I think that technology isn't yet proven. I'll wait to put my money down on that stock.

Wait....who is his coach again...........oh yeah. The punchline.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1

This all really isn't about Corral and his ability at QB. It's about mismanagement of the QB position this year. When we traded for Baker, he became our number 1. Corral is our 3rd round pick so he's automatically #3. That leaves our 2 between SD and PJ. It really doesn't matter which because they are both the same QB and we are eating their salaries regardless. Pick one, cut the other, move on already. There's no reason for all these competition shenanigans. It's not fooling anyone. Developing your 3rd rd qb pick is more important than possible trading SD or PJ for a future 7th rd pick that's likely to never make the roster anyway. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

Did Matt Corral get second team reps? He at least deserves that opportunity, our second best linemen?!. Nope. Full out run for your life third fourth team guys. Baker would look absolutely horrible with the third team line.

Who got those opportunities to flex their muscles, tendons and get some full speed goes with guys that can hold the point? Not Matt Corral. He gave his best, we gave him our worst. Repent!

He was treated horribly by this coach in my eyes. Absolutely NO rookie QB will want to come here with Matt Rhule, his rep is cemented. New coach.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Yup. He started by crushing his spirit. Then his foot.

If a buffoon like Rhule crushed his spirits, the guy will never make it in this league. Teams need a strong alpha QB to succeed. His foot also was hurt at Ole Miss. Injury concerns were there for a reason. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Did Matt Corral get second team reps? He at least deserves that opportunity, our second best linemen?!. Nope. Full out run for your life third fourth team guys. Baker would look absolutely horrible with the third team line.

Who got those opportunities to flex their muscles, tendons and get some full speed goes with guys that can hold the point? Not Matt Corral. He gave his best, we gave him our worst. Repent!

He was treated horribly by this coach in my eyes. Absolutely NO rookie QB will want to come here with Matt Rhule, his rep is cemented. New coach.

Looks like Strong isn’t getting many reps today with the Eagles. Their 3rd QB is running away with the competition. 

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If a buffoon like Rhule crushed his spirits, the guy will never make it in this league. Teams need a strong alpha QB to succeed. His foot also was hurt at Ole Miss. Injury concerns were there for a reason. 

I'm done reading his posts for a while the dude just said we missed out on THE MAC JONES lol Baker is a much better QB than Mac Jones.

11 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Nice summary of recent events. We’ll done, Sir Rippadonn!

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Why did he deserve 2nd team reps??

Again Did Will Grier get 2nd team reps.. Did Will Grier deserve 2nd team reps as a 3rd round picks??

Again we're backed to you having over hyped expectations for a 3rd round project QB... Not the teams fault that YOU evaluated (from your couch) Corral being the next Rodgers..

• Pie 1