• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Good move. Maybe they can actually get him on the 53 and then IR him for a couple months if he doesn't need surgery. I wouldn't trust Rhules doctors opinions either

Yea a big issue is if he goes on IR right now, he can not practice with the team during the season(i think??). One day after the 53 cut, you could IR him and open the doors for him to get live snaps in season. Dont know the current rules since they change sooo much. I believe I heard theres no limit now to IR'ing players now. Old days had to limit when you could return, games wise. That allowed you to practice for 3 weeks or go back on the IR. Plus there was a deal about being eligible for playoff you had to be on a roster before week 15. No idea whats what now, but I think Corral needs to have live snaps and not rehab only. Whatever that is, is what I want. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

THIS. It smells like Rhule.

You might want to read the rest of his post sweetheart.. He was  basically blasting your love child and calling him a wasted pick.. For preseason performance...lol

And you loved him for it ... lol 

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I'm biased obviously but none of CMCs injuries are debilitating long term, it's my opinion if we had been in contention he would have returned in both 2020 and 2022....

CMC and Henry are apples to oranges Henry has 500+ more touches on him and absorbs far more punishment even with a much better offensive line, and he adds almost nothing in the passing game... CMC can't truck guys like Henry, and Henry could hold a candle to CMCs agility and receiving.

Well neither of us are doctors nor can we predict the future so to make any claim about how his injuries will affect him moving forward is entirely opinion based. We can play the would he or wouldn't he have been active if we were contenders game but again neither or us know. There are facts we do know. Both Rivera and Rhule have tried and failed at making McCaffrey the workhorse and giving him 30+ average touches a game. If the plan is to keep him healthy for the bulk of the season moving forward then they cannot use him the same way. I would hope to see him more in the receiving game and let Foreman get those late game handoffs for tough yards.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well neither of us are doctors nor can we predict the future so to make any claim about how his injuries will affect him moving forward is entirely opinion based. We can play the would he or wouldn't he have been active if we were contenders game but again neither or us know. There are facts we do know. Both Rivera and Rhule have tried and failed at making McCaffrey the workhorse and giving him 30+ average touches a game. If the plan is to keep him healthy for the bulk of the season moving forward then they cannot use him the same way. I would hope to see him more in the receiving game and let Foreman get those late game handoffs for tough yards.

Please enlighten me on which of these is a debilitating injury....

Dislocated shoulder

Quad pull

Hamstring pull

Low Grade High ankle sprain

Anyone who has played football at even a high school level has likely suffered all of these at least once....

I've personally had all four injuries and a severe ankle break....

Come back at me with Gurley again please I'm begging you... His knees were bailing twine when he was drafted.

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Yea a big issue is if he goes on IR right now, he can not practice with the team during the season(i think??). One day after the 53 cut, you could IR him and open the doors for him to get live snaps in season. Dont know the current rules since they change sooo much. I believe I heard theres no limit now to IR'ing players now. Old days had to limit when you could return, games wise. That allowed you to practice for 3 weeks or go back on the IR. Plus there was a deal about being eligible for playoff you had to be on a roster before week 15. No idea whats what now, but I think Corral needs to have live snaps and not rehab only. Whatever that is, is what I want. 

Yeah it's only 4 weeks to return now, I think it used to be 8? If he doesn't need surgery and can get back to practice in 2 months they should def get him on the 53 first. I don't like how Rhule was super quick to throw the IR idea out there after a brief in stadium diagnosis. If Corral wants a 2nd opinion he must not think it's that bad after a couple days of rest. I wonder if Fitt has a say over Rhule when it comes to IR

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Please enlighten me on which of these is a debilitating injury....

Dislocated shoulder

Quad pull

Hamstring pull

Low Grade High ankle sprain

Anyone who has played football at even a high school level has likely suffered all of these at least once....

I've personally had all four injuries and a severe ankle break....

Come back at me with Gurley again please I'm begging you... His knees were bailing twine when he was drafted.

It's called a pattern. When you give a guy that many touches a game and he racks up multiple injuries it speaks for itself. He's a damn talented back. But he isn't a workhorse carry your team kind of player. You're going to have to accept facts sooner or later. For now you just cannot remove your emotion about him from the equation.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

You might want to read the rest of his post sweetheart.. He was  basically blasting your love child and calling him a wasted pick.. For preseason performance...lol

And you loved him for it ... lol 

I can read. It was a mistake to draft Matt Corral to give him no reps and sit him behind 3QBs who couldn't make another NFL roster.

Yes, the right coach would have had him ready. We said before camp that Rhule was going to mothball this kid regardless. Guess what? He did!

What you fail to understand is Corral was camp fodder to Rhule and his master dufus plan. HE WASN'T GOING TO WIN THE JOB NO MATTER HOW MUCH HE FLASHED. Rhule made that clear before camp.

My problem is IF someone as high value as Matt Corral can be ignored and not allowed to compete or get full speed reps to get ready to play full speed, enemy fire football with decent lineman and you jackals hoot and holler over his assumed demise, you are some cold hearted folk.

He's the only Panthers QB on the roster and the only one signed for 2023. You gonna have to show love one day. 

Just now, frankw said:

It's called a pattern. When you give a guy that many touches a game and he racks up multiple injuries it speaks for itself. He's a damn talented back. But he isn't a workhorse carry your team kind of player. You're going to have to accept facts sooner or later. For now you just cannot remove your emotion about him from the equation.

I'm asking which has clearly lowered his physical ability as of this moment? Of course he needs a lower workload, these types of injurys are a soft tissue and result from not having enough recovery time. 

Ideally you don't want CMC to be a "workhorse" back it doesn't work for anyone these days, Keep him at a max of 20-25 total touches, use Foreman as the hammer.

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah it's only 4 weeks to return now, I think it used to be 8? If he doesn't need surgery and can get back to practice in 2 months they should def get him on the 53 first. I don't like how Rhule was super quick to throw the IR idea out there after a brief in stadium diagnosis. If Corral wants a 2nd opinion he must not think it's that bad after a couple days of rest. I wonder if Fitt has a say over Rhule when it comes to IR

tbf he is going on IR no matter what, just the debate of season ending or non season ending IR, If he has to get surgery he will be sidelined 6-8 months so it would be pointless to try and stash him.

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I hope its 100% in the doctors hands. Maybe the swellness went down and rehab could be a option.....i got not clue about the current Lisfranc injury. Wish the panthers still had the best foot doctor in the world like 5 some years ago, he went to green bay of alllll places.... Thats were he needs to go, dang I cannot member his name. Served as the main panther doc for a good bit. 

Feet are SUPER tricky about being diagnosis. My best cure for my level 10 sprain- big trash bucket of hot water 10 mins, switch to cold as I could stand water into hot as I could. 5x.....ankle was much improved the next day and I was able to work rather than get surgery on a sprain like the doctor wanted. 

• Beer 1

Just now, DJ feed me moore said:

tbf he is going on IR no matter what, just the debate of season ending or non season ending IR, If he has to get surgery he will be sidelined 6-8 months so it would be pointless to try and stash him.

That's why he's getting a 2nd opinion, to hopefully avoid surgery so he can get back to practicing in a couple months which would be way better for his development. If it was a lost cause they would have IR'd him already

4 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I'm asking which has clearly lowered his physical ability as of this moment? Of course he needs a lower workload, these types of injurys are a soft tissue and result from not having enough recovery time. 

Ideally you don't want CMC to be a "workhorse" back it doesn't work for anyone these days, Keep him at a max of 20-25 total touches, use Foreman as the hammer.

Did I say his ability has been lowered? He's still young but the next two years for running backs are not kind to most. The biggest problem has been his coaching staff basically spamming Madden recommended playcalls that say "save me CMC". I have a hard time believing Rhule will actually be able to change from that and stick with it in 4th quarter situations. We shall see.

11 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I can read. It was a mistake to draft Matt Corral to give him no reps and sit him behind 3QBs who couldn't make another NFL roster.

Yes, the right coach would have had him ready. We said before camp that Rhule was going to mothball this kid regardless. Guess what? He did!

What you fail to understand is Corral was camp fodder to Rhule and his master dufus plan. HE WASN'T GOING TO WIN THE JOB NO MATTER HOW MUCH HE FLASHED. Rhule made that clear before camp.

My problem is IF someone as high value as Matt Corral can be ignored and not allowed to compete or get full speed reps to get ready to play full speed, enemy fire football with decent lineman and you jackals hoot and holler over his assumed demise, you are some cold hearted folk.

He's the only Panthers QB on the roster and the only one signed for 2023. You gonna have to show love one day. 

Yes.. It was a waste to draft a 3rd round QB because you don't plan to play him day 1..

Got the stupidity.. cool

• Pie 1