• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Rhule - for real/non-spastic

davos

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t understand why he wasn’t fired last year, but at this point we might as well see what he can do with a seasoned staff and capable QB. Basically he has no excuses this year. It may work out good for us Panthers’ fans because if he sucks again our new coach should get a high pick in what looks to be a loaded QB class. 

This is about where I'm at. I think everybody would agree that Rhule should have been canned last year. He wasn't (because Tepper's ego is too big) and he is here this year, so all we can do is see if he can stay out of the way enough to where our assistant coaches and players can take over. There are literally no excuses anymore, we have a damn good squad of players and a really decent coaching staff. He can't use that "micromanaging" excuse anymore, he has capable assistants now.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If he starts the season 0-3 I’d endorse firing him before that Monday morning

I’d like to see wilks in role

Home - Browns

Away - NY

Home - Saints

We go 0-3 there and I just dont know what to say.   I think we lose to the browns, win NY and Saints.  2-1 is probably what we should be expecting after those three

After that the schedule just gets insane.  Damn if we start 0-3 I could see us having a 3 win season

Edited by mrcompletely11

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Home - Browns

Away - NY

Home - Saints

We go 0-3 there and I just dont know what to say.   I think we lose to the browns, win NY and Saints.  2-1 is probably what we should be expecting after those three

After that the schedule just gets insane.  Damn if we start 0-3 I could see us having a 3 win season

In all honesty , I don’t see us losing those 3 games off of roster alone. However, if we even lose 2 of those 3 … this will be a dark season. 

5 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

The kicker is Rhule is less accomplished as a HC than Urban Meyer and they still fired him after one season. Rhule has never won a championship at any level but he's still has more leeway than most NFL coaches.

Completely different situation. Nothing should ever be compared to the Meyer situation and the nfl should never let anything like that happen ever again.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Home - Browns

Away - NY

Home - Saints

Which would set us up for a nice coach and nice QB prospect next year. Not necessarily a bad thing right?

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Which would set us up for a nice coach and nice QB prospect next year. Not necessarily a bad thing right?

I mean its not ideal, I would rather see us win some games but yeah long term it would reset the franchise.  I dont want it to happen but it would be the worst thing for this team.  If we only won 3-4 games or something like that I imagine a lot of heads would roll players and coaches

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

If he starts 0-3 or 1-4 it’s bye bye 

And replace him with who? McAdoo or Wilkes? Neither has had a great run as a head coach either. You don't get rid of someone midseason unless you replace them with someone better. Otherwise you fire them at the end of the season unless you are auditioning an assistant for a headcoach gig.

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Completely different situation. Nothing should ever be compared to the Meyer situation and the nfl should never let anything like that happen ever again.

4 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Meyer was fired for alot of thing beyond the 2-10 record.

The point is the Jags cut ties immediately and didn't wait. Another college coach was Greg Schiano, TB kicked him to the curb after two years of his bullshit but here come the Panthers marching Rhule out for another season expecting different results.

• Pie 1

Just now, Chief Keek said:

The point is the Jags cut ties immediately and didn't wait. Another college coach was Greg Schiano, TB kicked him to the curb after two years of his bullshit but here come the Panthers marching Rhule out for another season expecting different results.

Those were toxic environments that were causing franchise issues and negative rep. There just not the same. Those were bad attitudes and poor personas. We just have a poor performing coach. It’s just not the same.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

And replace him with who? McAdoo or Wilkes? Neither has had a great run as a head coach either. You don't get rid of someone midseason unless you replace them with someone better. Otherwise you fire them at the end of the season unless you are auditioning an assistant for a headcoach gig.

If he starts 0-3 he needs to see this puppy through.  Dont give it to another coach rhule has to at least try and dig himself out of it.  If nothing else his post game pressers would gold, pure gold