• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why was Josh Norman a one hit wonder?

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. We had a helluva pass rush and our cover 3 shell zone allowed him to mainly sit back and read and react. That's what Norman had in spades - great reaction and ball skills. We always complained about Ron's D always playing CBs with a 10 yard cushion but it was exactly what allowed Norman to excel.

and Ron wouldn't change that 10 yards of cushion even after the roster was turned over and he didn't have the DL to pressure the QB like he used to have.  Good ole Ron.

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

and Ron wouldn't change that 10 yards of cushion even after the roster was turned over and he didn't have the DL to pressure the QB like he used to have.  Good ole Ron.

That's one thing I can say I've enjoyed the past two seasons.... Snow is all about press man... and we spent a lot of capital getting the CBs to play it.

• Pie 2

He was always a ball hawk but it took him a long time to both mature on and off the field and also get out of Rivera's doghouse. That 2015 defense was just so special and just had so much swag it's hard to pinpoint one exact thing that helped him. 

I never liked his fit in WAS but his first year he was pretty good, I think injuries and age got to him after that. 

Not sure it’s as simple as labeling him a zone cb. Dude could get plenty physical and had decent size for the position. Had elite ball hawking skills. Just didn’t have the hips to keep up with the newer wideouts. An elite pass rush and a favorable zone scheme catered to his strength which was attacking the ball better than the next guy in his area. Washington paid him big and put him on an island. Made no sense for the skill set. 

5 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Leaving was a big mistake.  Had he stayed in Carolina he would have had a few more solid season.

With the exception of the Bradberry pick in 2016, our draft that year was terrible. But, if we had held onto Josh in 2016 AND STILL picked Bradberry, we would have a had a top 5 CB duo for the next 3-4 seasons.

6 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Leaving was a big mistake.  Had he stayed in Carolina he would have had a few more solid season.

I don't think it was a mistake, He got an absurd contract from a dumpster fire franchise. You gotta get paid. but man I cant believe gettleman still pulled the tag from him and he came in the next day BEGGING to sign it... I fuging hate dave gettleman, his ego/pride really got the best of him, just a typical boomer poo head who thinks he knew it all.