• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cuts on the Horizon

MHS831

I think the last Oline spot comes down to Daley vs Erving

Ikem | Brady | Elflein | Corbett | Moton
Brady | MJ | Bozeman | Mays | Daley/Erving

Edit: I think a healthy Bozeman starts, but I'm not sure how much the missed time hurts his chances early in the season

Edited by Evil Hurney
  • Pie 2

20 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Edit: I think a healthy Bozeman starts, but I'm not sure how much the missed time hurts his chances early in the season

Daley/Erving/Jordan.   I wouldn't let the first team reps that Jordan got at the start of camp fool you.  Jordan is a LG and that's it.  Daley and Erving can play tackle.  While Jordan may be a slightly better LG than Daley or Erving, his limitations elsewhere may make him expendable.

43 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Pj will be on the cut list.. Then brought back to PS as a emergency QB..

Some thought we were shopping PJ by playing him.  I think we actually assured that we can put him on the PS without another team plucking him.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

And may not until the initial 53 is made.  If a player goes to IR before the 53 man roster is set, he is out for the entire year without the ability to come back.  It wouldn't shock me that Corral makes the initial 53 man roster before heading to IR so he could come back later in the season when healthy enough.

He's got a lisfranc injury - he's done for 11 months. 

55 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Thats 10 and I think thats what happens(barring injury). I take that back, I see Daley getting cut/traded. I know Wharton is with commies and he loved Daley. 9 is the unit. But with boze hurt, they may change plans, its a fluid deal until the last PS game is played. Plus seems more names are getting cut this year too, that has an effect.

Minor surprised about Pleasnats, I thought he played the first game well and sucked in the 2nd. Still young and thought he'd make it onto the PS. So hard to find OT to develop, o well. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm pretty sure Corral has to make the 53 and then put on IR not to be exposed to the waiver wire. Remember the dust up when the Pats plucked that RB from us who we were trying to put on IR in the preseason?

Dave/panthers were trying to save a few hundred thousand, bill had other plans. Had no one claimed him, he would had reverted back the panthers and his salary would have been lower. When they cut him, if a team claimed tyler they have to pay for his surgery and 6th round salary. Panther/Dave believe teams would play by unspoken rules as a favor to each other. Pats/Bill does what he wants. Tyler got another ACL, semi-retired then came back, and bounced off/on the PS.

18 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He's got a lisfranc injury - he's done for 11 months. 

Probably.  Henry broke his foot and managed to come back in the same season.  It can be a range in a turnaround time, but it doesn't look good.  Regardless he can probably get the boot off and some throwing in (noncontact) before the season ends.

7 hours ago, 45catfan said:

The cap hit is double that for Erving.  I'd rather let him play out his remaining year.   Plus, that gives us more options on the left side if the injury bug bites.   I'd rather keep Erving than Daley.  Honestly, we probably keep both.  Pleasants is PS material.  Mays has more potential and is plug and play anywhere on the right side of the line.  The other guards, Brown, Horton and Jordan are just that...guards.  They all are expendable. If any of those dudes make it over Mays, I'll be pissed...because they suck at the one job they do have, not to mention no versatility.

Can you believe we actually re-structured Elflein instead of cutting him and saving all his money? Now I am not sure we can cut him next year...

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Rosters have to be trimmed from 85 to 80 by Tuesday, and then the big cut to 53 comes on August 30.  I just thought you might like to know that.

I am wondering about this 5-player cut tomorrow.  A lot of teams try to release some of the better veterans that do not look poised to make the roster because they know they can't stash them on the PS.  They say they want to allow them to find a spot on another roster.

If this theory is valid, then what veteran(s) do you think the Panthers might cut by tomorrow?

(My guess:  Cam Erving.  We can put Pleasant on the PS if we need a 4th OT (counting BC as the third OT).  Reason?  We can save $2m in cap room.  I know that you might add, "He is decent depth.  Why throw that away for $2m?"
To which I say, "Because Pleasant looked better at RT, and if we keep Daley...")

I doubt Erving gets cut. No that means much- Campy seems to interact with him the most on the sidelines. Plus Rhule loves his versatility and theres maybe couple players can play all 5 OL spots. His a vet and group is young as well. I dont know how well Mo town is at being the "vet" leader. 

1 hour ago, Evil Hurney said:

Both suck big juicy cok