• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cuts on the Horizon

MHS831

27 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Set back in his development, big one....... plus now the 2023 panthers have no QBs given Corral will be an unknown. 

QB is back on the menu boys.......

It never left the potential menu for 2023. Mayfield has to play well enough to earn an extension or we're shopping for a starter again next year likely with a new staff.

• Beer 1

Calling it now, Daley sticks over Jordan.  I know MJ is listed ahead of him on the depth chart, but Daley can play every position besides center.  Jordan is a pure guard.  I know they 'say' he can play center as well, but I haven't seen him take any snaps there.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Calling it now, Daley sticks over Jordan.  I know MJ is listed ahead of him on the depth chart, but Daley can play every position besides center.  Jordan is a pure guard.  I know they 'say' he can play center as well, but I haven't seen him take any snaps there.

Man I hope so 

• Pie 2

How many are allowed on the PS this season, 16?  I'm not too high on the guys we cut.  I think we keep several spots open to sign other guys, maybe as many as 6.

Edit: I looked up PS rules along with IR rules for 2022

PS and IR Rules for 2022

"Of the 16 players, at least 10 must be of the typical “practice squad eligible” category, with up to four of which could be in their third season on an NFL practice squad. As for the remainder of practice squad eligible players, they could only previously have two years. Just like the last two seasons, teams can have up to six veteran players with unlimited accrued seasons on their practice squad."

"With unlimited players who could return last season, teams can only designate eight players to return from IR, including any player returning from the practice squad/injured list. Another tweak comes in how long a player must be on the Reserve/Injured List as they must miss four games when in 2021 the time was only three games."

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

I just hope we don't sigh Mario to kick for us again--that just didn't feel right.

Super Mario Running GIF by dan.bahia.dan

We have two weeks before the opener.  It sucks for Zane to get injured again, but at least it happened now and not later on when we the pool of kickers is less and only a week before the next game.

Just now, 45catfan said:

We have two weeks before the opener.  It sucks for Zane to get injured again, but at least it happened now and not later on when we the pool of kickers is less and only a week before the next game.

And that gives him 2 weeks to get used to his holder, timing with snap, etc.

I noticed 2 things about Zane in preseason.

1.  He seemed to be on the left upright a lot, as if he was pulling the ball.  Was his brain subconsciously trying to protect the injury when it was hardly noticeable?  

2. The injury followed a rain delay.  Was he loosened up properly?

I am on a mission to find out the truth.  I need answers!  I can handle the truth!

• Pie 3

18 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Eye test says Jordan can't play guard either. 

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'm not sure the team rolls with just eight OL initially, even if they intend on signing 1-2 FAs.

I kinda agree with this. I could see some guys getting cut, like Daley and Jordan, so we can keep Darnold on the roster, Ricci, possibly Zane 🤞 etc. Then once we IR those guys, elevate some of the cuts who made it to the practice squad. I could see us having to cut some guys we don't really want to and hope they don't get picked up.