• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video of Kenny Robinson's hit + celebration vs. Kristian Wilkerson

Icege

i watched it and we don't need that kind of poo, especially in practice...which is why i hate preseason games and joint practices and the probowl game. too big of a chance of someone with something to prove taking a cheap shot on someone that isn't going full bore in a game that doesn't count. 

but that kind of poo is bad no matter what type of game it is. don't want my players getting knocked out from a cheap shot. don't want my players knocking other players out taking a cheap shot. that's a line you don't cross. when you are on the bubble, that kind of thing right there pops that bubble.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

taking a cheap shot on someone that isn't going full bore in a game that doesn't count

I agree this is why it’s dangerous to have these “games”.

The best solution is (if you’re gonna play the game) you play to win the game.

Letting up can get you hurt just as quick as dirty play. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Part of the issue was whether he stood over him after the hit.

Robinson claims he didn't but the video does kind of make it look like he did.

I've seen worse that haven't been escalated to this extent. It's only because the dude died for 3 seconds that there's an issue here. 

4 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I agree this is why it’s dangerous to have these “games”.

The best solution is (if you’re gonna play the game) you play to win the game.

Letting up can get you hurt just as quick as dirty play. 

but you shouldn't be "playing to win the game" when the game doesn't count. to protect yourself from someone who is doing it i guess you kind of have to which really just makes for an unnecessarily dangerous situation. 

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

but you shouldn't be "playing to win the game" when the game doesn't count. to protect yourself from someone who is doing it i guess you kind of have to which really just makes for an unnecessarily dangerous situation. 

Remember in our first preseason game, one of the Commanders defensive linemen (Young, I think; might have been Sweat) pulled up when he had an easy shot at Mayfield.