• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video of Kenny Robinson's hit + celebration vs. Kristian Wilkerson

Icege

19 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Taking a cheap shot leads to receiving a cheap shot or two. 

That's not good for a team or your teammates, especially in a league where inadvertent injuries are so easy to come by anyhow.

Was definitely the reason Ferentz took the late hit penalty against him during the game

• Pie 1

I promise I don't mean to be smart alec here.  How is this a cheap shot?  I mean, I know it was a hard hit, but isn't that what he was supposed to be trying to do?  He got in front of him so it wasn't a block in the back.  Is it considered a blindside block?

• Pie 1

Hard to tell because it's such a grainy video, but it doesn't look like he's standing over him. He looks like he's doing that high stepping/stomping celebration after making a big hit. He's not even facing Wilkerson when he does it. And how is it a dirty hit? OR at least how can you tell from such shitty footage?

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, coffee said:

I promise I don't mean to be smart alec here.  How is this a cheap shot?  I mean, I know it was a hard hit, but isn't that what he was supposed to be trying to do?  He got in front of him so it wasn't a block in the back.  Is it considered a blindside block?

Looks like he hit him from the side 

It just seems so similar to a block Smitty made years ago.  The video was passed around and everyone said it showed how good of a player he was.  Would this have been an issue if there was no injury and fights weren't the topic of the day?

As far as the celebration goes, I always get the feeling the bubble guys in preseason make a big display as if to say "Hey, Coach, see why you should pick me?!"

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, rayzor said:

but you shouldn't be "playing to win the game" when the game doesn't count. to protect yourself from someone who is doing it i guess you kind of have to which really just makes for an unnecessarily dangerous situation. 

Agreed.  Like I said if ever there is an instance in which you play the game it better count.

4 minutes ago, coffee said:

It just seems so similar to a block Smitty made years ago.  The video was passed around and everyone said it showed how good of a player he was.  Would this have been an issue if there was no injury and fights weren't the topic of the day?

As far as the celebration goes, I always get the feeling the bubble guys in preseason make a big display as if to say "Hey, Coach, see why you should pick me?!"

I'm with you man. The only reason this is an issue is bc it was "practice" and the dude met God for a minute.

1 hour ago, Fright said:

If the dude didn't meet his maker for 5 seconds on the ground no one would give 2 shits. Softies gonna soft. 

No, leaping into the back of a guys head when he isn't looking with your shoulder has nothing to do with being soft. That type of behavior needs to be removed from sports all together. It has nothing to do with playing the game. At that point it's an assault. 

1 hour ago, coffee said:

It was a head shot. To the back of the head too and the guys wasn't looking nor in the play. How can you NOT think that's a cheap shot?

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

No, leaping into the back of a guys head when he isn't looking with your shoulder has nothing to do with being soft. That type of behavior needs to be removed from sports all together. It has nothing to do with playing the game. At that point it's an assault. 

Only 1 video plays for me... to me it looks like the dude is running right to him... Why is that guy looking to his immediate left when the ball is clearly going right? I don't think we're seeing the same things...

It was a cheap shot, totally unnecessary and completely unacceptable for practice. He definitely deserved to be thrown out of practice.

But Robinson looks like he could be a core ST guy, provides good depth, and has some dawg in him we've been solely lacking. All unrelated to this video in a vacuum.

I'd rather have KRob over Franklin or Chandler. He offers so much more and it's past time to wash all the unnecessary Temple/Baylor players off the roster.

I'm tired of losing, tired of us being boring, and tired of not having an identity. KRob can help on all 3... hope he makes the 53

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

It was a head shot. To the back of the head too and the guys wasn't looking nor in the play. How can you NOT think that's a cheap shot?

Doesn't look like a head shot to me, but I could easily being seeing it wrong.  His head was involved but it looks to me like Kenny made sure he got to the correct spot so that it wasn't an illegal hit.  Was it flagged?

• Pie 2