• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other teams' releases

Mr. Scot

On 8/23/2022 at 11:29 AM, 4Corners said:

Would become the best returner on team instantly 

Andre Roberts is literally a pro bowl returner.

Dazz will be working at a fitness club or coaching WR's in HS in the next couple years.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Andre Roberts is literally a pro bowl returner.

Dazz will be working at a fitness club or coaching WR's in HS in the next couple years.

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, this is a laughable idea. 

Dumb college homers are gonna dumb.

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

This is your opinion. 

Roberts may not beat out Shi Smith for return man.  Shi has look outstanding at PR/KR in preseason.

Roberts is 34 with a much higher salary than Newsome who is only 23.

Newsome will pick up on a PS somewhere.  

2 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

They’re saying OJ Howard could be cut from the Bills 

IMMEDIATE upgrade over any of our TEs.  Yes, he's under-performed as a former first round pick, but take that draft status off of him and he's actually okay.  Better than Ian Thomas, that's for damn sure.

• Pie 3

26 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

IMMEDIATE upgrade over any of our TEs.  Yes, he's under-performed as a former first round pick, but take that draft status off of him and he's actually okay.  Better than Ian Thomas, that's for damn sure.

he had less yards than Ian the last two years, and if he gets cut would've lost to such names as Tommy Sweeney and Quintin Morris.

i'm not expecting much from Thomas, and wouldn't mind the Howard signing but the only reason to expect he'd do better than IT is because of his draft status.

33 minutes ago, Rags said:

he had less yards than Ian the last two years, and if he gets cut would've lost to such names as Tommy Sweeney and Quintin Morris.

i'm not expecting much from Thomas, and wouldn't mind the Howard signing but the only reason to expect he'd do better than IT is because of his draft status.

In 2020 Howard only played in four games and about matched Ian's season total. I'm not exactly sure what happen to Howard last year, but Ian Thomas has never put up more than 350 yards in a season.  Howard has done it three times; just under 600 yards in 2018 which is more than Thomas' totals the last three year COMBINED.

Again, take his draft status out of it.  Who is the better TE, Howard or Thomas?  It isn't even close.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I remember there was actually a lot of interest from our team in Howard that draft.  Alas, I don't know that there is many if any people left from that front office still in the building, so probably doesn't amount to much.

Tampa used TE by committee. That really hurt Howard's production.

This is Thomas' numbers.  His rookie year was decent, but look at the past three years of production and Rhule said..."let's re-sign this guy!"

image.png.9183caf84725147bb20383ce174fb000.png

Ian's average was about 150 yards over the past three seasons with roughly one TD per season, one catch a game coming to a whopping 9.5 yards/game average with at 59% catch rate!!! That's TE1 material if I've ever seen it!