• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Buffalo to rest most starters (including Allen) vs Carolina in Preseason finale

jamos14

11 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Bills and Chiefs game was better than the Super Bowl, but do your thing

So having been presented with the full team-by-team breakdown, you're sticking with "mostly bad/rebuilding teams playing starters this week, better/more established teams did it last week"?  Because....Bills/Chiefs?  Ignoring all other 30 data points?  I guess you're one of the disingenuous ones, oh well.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Of course it's over the top that's the good and bad of fan communities. But people bashed Rivera for things every single preseason too.

Maybe on Facebook bro, the cesspool of discourse that you're accustomed to.  It wasn't that bad over here, not nearly as bad as Rhule.  There was no "Rivera Derangement Syndrome" where people straight up fabricate things about him to be pissed about. 

You wouldn't know cause you supposedly weren't here during the Rivera days so I'm not sure why you keep commenting on it so confidently.

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

Maybe on Facebook bro, the cesspool of discourse that you're accustomed to.  It wasn't that bad over here, not nearly as bad as Rhule.  There was no "Rivera Derangement Syndrome" where people straight up fabricate things about him to be pissed about. 

You wouldn't know cause you supposedly weren't here during the Rivera days so I'm not sure why you keep commenting on it so confidently.

I was going to say the same thing. I've been coming to this board since 2003 and I have never seen John Fox or Ron Rivera get this type of hate. I vaguely remember people getting on Fox for saying "It is what it is" and saying "A punt is a good play" and the "run, run, run punt" rhetoric but it wasn't on the level that Rhule is getting now.

21 minutes ago, Darknight said:

I was going to say the same thing. I've been coming to this board since 2003 and I have never seen John Fox or Ron Rivera get this type of hate. I vaguely remember people getting on Fox for saying "It is what it is" and saying "A punt is a good play" and the "run, run, run punt" rhetoric but it wasn't on the level that Rhule is getting now.

This is revisionist history. I've seen each version of the huddle over the years going back to 2004 and John Fox and Ron Rivera absolutely got a lot of heat for various things including the positional coaches under them. Some people wanted Rivera shitcanned in his first season. This is in no way shape or form limited to Matt Rhule.

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

This is revisionist history. I've seen each version of the huddle over the years going back to 2004 and John Fox and Ron Rivera absolutely got a lot of heat for various things including the positional coaches under them. Some people wanted Rivera shitcanned in his first season. This is in no way shape or form limited to Matt Rhule.

Fox and Rivera combined has not received the amount of vitriol like Rhule has gotten from fans.

40 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Fox and Rivera combined has not received the amount of vitriol like Rhule has gotten from fans.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. But even if what you say were true there is the fact that Fox and Rivera even with all their faults combined accounted for two Super Bowl appearances while Matt Rhule has accounted for....well....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/RhulMa0.htm

Screenshot_20220825-120253_Firefox.thumb.jpg.050fdfb2364fff0eec82d4efa2377855.jpg

49 minutes ago, Darknight said:

They were better at their jobs though.  It’s like saying Moton wasn’t bitched as much as the rest of the OL added together. 

Matt Rhule is bitched about like others guys that have sucked really bad here.  Whether that was a coach or player Difference is, those guys have all been fired.  Even Marty Hurney or Shula had some positives to talk on amid the horribleness.  Rhule doesn’t have that. 

No damn way this is even a thread..lol The starters did play, and they got a lot of reps in the joint practices with the Patriots. They went at it all day Tuesday and all day Wednesday. If the coaching staff wasn't satisfied with what they saw, then I'm sure they would have played on Friday. At this point we know who our starters are and a lot them got good work over those 2 days. We also had a lot of starters with little Knicks and knacks during training camp. 

A team is judged by the depth that they can build and thats i saw Friday. Some backups will earn roster spots from the Patriots game. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Some of you are embarrassing yourselves. Our starters playing 1 quarter against the Patriots would have no bearing on the success of our season. Hell if we trotted out our developing O line against Belichick's 1st team defense and Baker gets pummeled and ends up as the one with the season ending Lisfranc injury, there'd be no end to the posts about how much of an idiot Rhule was for risking our starters for a meaningless preseason game. It might end up working out better to play the Bill's backups as a nice warmup for the regular season, but regardless, we should be happy we're getting any time to see the starting line work together. I mean would you rather they not play at all or you just want to have another opportunity to complain? Don't worry, that was a rhetorical question.

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, Darknight said:

Na, Rivera def got all this hate, problem was it was for only like a couple weeks. In 2013 between him losing to the bills to start the season 0-2 the calls for firing were at a fever pitch then they died down a bit when he went 1-2 the following week and came back full throttle when he went 1-3 against Arizona, I think even Steve Smith was talking poo after the Arizona game. That, ofc, was the last time until 2019 fans were begging for their Hc to be fired.

On 8/24/2022 at 2:55 PM, TLGPanthersFan said:

A credit to Buffalo for letting us feel good about our starters till the season begins. Really good people in Buffalo. 

On 8/24/2022 at 3:35 PM, 4Corners said:

Like 99% of the Bills fans I’ve run into at games or at bars have been good people. I was at the Bills game here a couple years ago and those people were great to party with. 

I mean they are basically Canadians so this checks out.