• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule hate....

tarheelfan23

4 hours ago, frankw said:

If you want to say give him a chance because he's the head coach that's one thing. But if the main support of your argument is saying he can "coach" then you are expecting people to forget he is 3-9 in the division and watched his team get stomped by fired head coaches one of whom dumped on us with Daniel Jones.

And.....that's the truth.

19 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I guess. 
For us it doesn't matter what the "generally speaking historically" says.

Tepper has decided Rhule is the coach this year.  He blamed last year on CMC and Horn injuries and gave Rhule a mulligan. 

I want the Panthers to win, so I want Rhule to win.  I also believe that it's possible we can win. 

200.gif

But also, some things are just unlikely

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It was all candy with his gimmick pace offense he had.... NFL defenses figured it out quickly.

True.  But Kelly brought something though.  It was like Spurrier.  See if it could work at this level.  It didn’t.   But I got the intrigue of a NFL team wanting to see. 

Rhule just seemed like a weird tier to want to try.  Even weirder to give him that contract given his college resume wasn’t anything really special.  

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

200.gif

But also, some things are just unlikely

You're right, it is very unlikely.

But if fans don't believe when its unlikely, who will?  I mean, even Skip Bayless who hates the Panthers, had even called us a clown show,  is betting on us to reach the playoffs.  A PFF podcasts said they were surprised by the number of nfl scouts who think we're in the wildcard race. 

I guess we'll see.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, tarheelfan23 said:

This has to stop, the guy can coach. End of story.  He had some struggles to start off his NFL career, but really who doesn't?   This is his 3rd year and time to shine, just watch as he takes off and takes this team to a place we have never been.  In 5 years his name will be up there in the top 5 easy if not the best coach in the NFL.  Buckle up and get ready for a wild fun ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who doesn't struggle as a HC? Any of the coaches who led the team that hired them to a SB championship since the 70s.

That's not hate. Rhule just can't get it done in the NFL and doesn't have an NFL SB Championship plan. This is not the 1960s where you ride a coach for several losing seasons without free agency and a 33 round NFL draft until they have the team they need to win.

It just take some fans longer to realize coaches, players, and GMs don't have what it takes to be a champion.

The champions climb to the top quickly and don't give it up easily.

• Beer 1