• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule hate....

tarheelfan23

13 hours ago, poundaway said:

After 11 pages, there have been so few denials.  This is progress.  At least some of us admit we hate the coach.

How many good coaches go 0-6 against coaches who get fired? Is this part of fine imaginary Jay-Z success that we can’t see, only because it’s not happening? 

13 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

How many good coaches go 0-6 against coaches who get fired? Is this part of fine imaginary Jay-Z success that we can’t see, only because it’s not happening? 

I was just posting that some are in denial about how people actually feel about Rhule.  When you are on a message board posting negative thought after negative about a person, its more than mere dislike.  It appears there are only a couple posters who are still in denial about this.

41 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

The main poster leading the charge is on their second stint in a year and clearly mentally ill.

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

and taunting the mods

Last year poundaway gradually went from optimist to deranged homer and looking to settle scores in every thread (sound familiar?) and finally just abandoned their account in December. Mods are probably just letting the inevitable play out. I'd love to make the playoffs but I wish I could say I have confidence in this offensive line depth for 17 weeks. It's a long season.

Edited by frankw

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

Last year poundaway gradually went from optimist to deranged homer and looking to settle scores in every thread (sound familiar?) and finally just abandoned their account in December. Mods are probably just letting the inevitable play out. I'd love to make the playoffs but I wish I could say I have confidence in this offensive line depth for 17 weeks. It's a long season.

thats funny coming from a chuck-alt

18 hours ago, Captroop said:

The truth is there's not a single NFL head coach, who could come in and get more than 5 wins in the first two years with the team and the roster Rhule had. No offensive line. A total of 10 games out of 33 with CMAC, and starting Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold at QB. You show me any coach in the NFL who could have simply coached a team into a winning record in that situation and I'll show you a zero calorie cheesecake.

You can't. Because there isn't one.

He's contributed to improving the roster, he's replaced his college coordinators and assistants with people with real NFL experience, and he's cut out the "DBO" coaching young men nonsense. He's improved in every area you all were bitching about last year. So I guess the only solution was to move the goal posts further.

5-win seasons suck, but I'd much rather believe we have a coach trending in the right direction than wishing for him to fail.

I'm not saying I have full faith in Rhule. I am saying you all have an impossibly high standard for success, and want to speed run to another tear down and reconstruction. Because that's so fun as a fan to endure.

He's the one who got those players wtf has happened here ROFLMAO

He also has full control or at least had until like with OC he was mushed aside. He fugin picked those players you know that right....

"He just can't win with the players he picked, who could win with players they pick omuhgurd?"

17 hours ago, KSpan said:

I mean, Tepper came out and started his spring press conference by thanking Rhule for hiring NFL coaches. Who does that unless it's a specific sore point and credit needs to appear to be placed on the guy who apparently didn't find it necessary when he had zero on his staff in key positions before? It's fully reasonable to assume he was voluntold to do so.

Who said anything about playoffs? Those examples were playoff teams, yes, but dude was poor in year 1 and managed to do wayyyy worse in year 2. The bar was low and he still flopped under it.

You're the one making the statement that contradicts the evidence. You're the one who needs to support it, and at this point there is no clear proof to refute the 2 years of Rhule suckage we have already in the books. Lets see where it stands in 8 weeks.

Since when is being realistic automatically the same as being angry? I made a post yesterday that being objective is not the same as being pessimistic... guess we need one saying that being objective isn't the same as being angry as well.

You guys gotta stop responding to people who can only do what they are told and when they are told to do it. And who believe everything the government says and def not what actually happened.

18 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

You guys gotta stop responding to people who can only do what they are told and when they are told to do it. And who believe everything the government says and def not what actually happened.

You're not wrong, but sometimes we have to try. It's our 'pessimistic', 'hater' way of showing hope for our fellow fans that are lost in the rose-colored garden of false hope.

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, poundaway said:

There are some legitimately great HC's on that list that are head and shoulders above Rhule.  Others, meh.   Some of the coaches were on their second stint as HC, others went to the playoffs without beating a single playoff team all season, one went to the playoffs with a losing record the first year.  Some went to the playoffs their first year and haven't  been back.  One went the playoffs because he landed the GOAT who proceed to get him demoted.

Apparently you were expecting playoffs last year.  Sam made sure that wasn't going to happen.

Here's to hope we make the playoffs this year, and you can then put Rhule on a list of coaches that took 3 years.

If even the "meh" coaches are having more success than Rhule though, where does that put him?

• The D 1

18 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

It's just more fun than being angry all the time. It's how I try to live my life about everything. My philosophy is that if you can't believe in something good then what's the point of anything?

Just to make sure you understood the intent, I was saying that I was one of the darkside not you, because my opinion isn't popular but yours is. 

And thanks for the respect. I appreciate that comment. 

Optimism is a great way to go through life.

It's also the facilitator of a lot of bad decisions.

Keeping a bad player like Sam Darnold or Cam Erving because they might get better next year would be a really bad idea.

The same applies to bad coaches.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1