• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the NFL

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I'm not going to draw any conclusions from the preseason, but if Fields develops into a legit franchise QB, Horn better be a perennial all-pro, or we are going to have serious regrets.

If he and Slater pan out, that is going to be some unfair baggage for Horn.

Let's just hope we all got a great player and it fades away to nothing.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I know everyone likes to bring up don't live in the past or whatever. Don't care, a true rebuild would have been keeping Teddy and drafting Fields. I like Baker but we have been paying close to full QB salary during this whole Rhule era and if he works out, back to paying $30M a year which was the opposite of what Fitt ranted on about pre draft

These guys have never tried to "rebuild". It's just been one knee jerk desperately try to win now decision after another.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

57 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

These guys have never tried to "rebuild". It's just been one knee jerk desperately try to win now decision after another.

Yeah, that was the biggest false bill of goods Tepper gave us. Five year rebuild my ass. Maybe five years to rebuild after what this goof has done.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

We're in a situation now where the HC doesn't really do anything play calling-wise so I'd rather have the more likable guy, those Rhule camp speeches give me migraines just listening to his voice

Well, the harder they make him coach, they make him coach harder before it takes 7 years to become an overnight sensation or something like that.

😂

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Well, the harder they make him coach, they make him coach harder before it takes 7 years to become an overnight sensation or something like that.

😂

I think the translation is "I'm learning on the job with a 7 year leash" I can't recall another guy that gets to try out different coaches and QB's until he gets into a situation where they do all the actual work for them. Then maybe we eventually make the playoffs with everything great except the HC, get blown out and then Tepper will be like ok Rhule isn't the guy. Great process

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think the translation is "I'm learning on the job with a 7 year leash" I can't recall another guy that gets to try out different coaches and QB's until he gets into a situation where they do all the actual work for them. Then maybe we eventually make the playoffs with everything great except the HC, get blown out and then Tepper will be like ok Rhule isn't the guy. Great process

It's why it's tough for me to really get excited even though looking at the talent we have, and guys like Wilks and McAdoo on the staff, we have plenty of reason to be.  Rhule is just a lingering fart over it all.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Cross was the best pass protector in the draft. This is a passing league.

icky was one of the best run blockers in the draft. Hopefully he can become elite in pass pro. 

He has everything you want in an elite LT, good size, strength, athletic, smart and his nasty play style is just an added bonus. Campen should be able to develop him. 

• Pie 1