• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favored week 1

Gash

5 minutes ago, Coreyl90 said:

This happens almost every week in the NFL... Week 18 last year. The Saints beat the Falcons with Trevor Siemian and Taysom Hill under center. 

Taysom had been groomed to be the starter after Brees had he not? Not saying he was the starter, just that he was the heir apparent for a while if memory serves. The Falcons were out of the playoff hunt by the last game of the season, and just wrapping things up.

How about an example of a decent team in the playoff hunt that lost to another team using their backup QB? I'm just curious because nothing jumps to mind, but you appear to follow the rest of the NFL more closely.

7 hours ago, pantherj said:

We should be favored against any team we play using a backup QB. Trivia question. When was the last time a team won using a backup QB?

Are you new here? I have nightmares still of backup QBs throttling us for years.

Romo on prime time TV

Gus Ferrotte in MN

Matt Hasselbeck in TN

Jake freaking Delhomme in Cleveland 

Christian Ponder in MN

Brady Quinn with KC

Post But Fumble Mark Sanchez in Philly

And I'm sure there's others... Those are just the ones seared into my brain.

17 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Are you new here? I have nightmares still of backup QBs throttling us for years.

Romo on prime time TV

Gus Ferrotte in MN

Matt Hasselbeck in TN

Jake freaking Delhomme in Cleveland 

Christian Ponder in MN

Brady Quinn with KC

Post But Fumble Mark Sanchez in Philly

And I'm sure there's others... Those are just the ones seared into my brain.

Omg that popped into your head! Thank god I've forgotten most of those, although the Jake game is making me cringe now that you've reminded me.

8 hours ago, pantherj said:

Omg that popped into your head! Thank god I've forgotten most of those, although the Jake game is making me cringe now that you've reminded me.

Can't forget we made Drew Lock look like John Elway a couple years ago too although I can't remember if he was a backup for them or their initial starter who came in.

16 hours ago, joemac said:

Only being favored by 2, at home, against a team starting their backup QB is not a very good thing.  Traditionally the home team is given a 3 point advantage....

This. A 2 point home favorite is basically an underdog and is a line used as bait for naive bettors to put money on the home team. Vegas sees a browns win.

6 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

This. A 2 point home favorite is basically an underdog and is a line used as bait for naive bettors to put money on the home team. Vegas sees a browns win.

I think it will tilt more toward the Panthers by gametime.