• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

People keep talking about how bad Florida is but their last four recruiting classes were 9, 7, 12, and 18 (and that was the '22 class). People forget how bad Florida looked with Anthony Richardson.

You have to account for transfers. Especially when Mullens left. They looked completely awful without AR in their bowl game. It’s why Auburn was so bad too. A bunch of players transferred out because of Harsin…

Edited by ForJimmy

With Houston playing Indy to close out the year Chicago could be up with the 1st pick

So let’s say Chicago sneaks into that 1st spot…

If you’re Chicago… are you looking to trade down with someone wanting a QB or do you take a QB and restart your 5 year window and trade Fields for picks?

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

With Houston playing Indy to close out the year Chicago could be up with the 1st pick

So let’s say Chicago sneaks into that 1st spot…

If you’re Chicago… are you looking to trade down with someone wanting a QB or do you take a QB and restart your 5 year window and trade Fields for picks?

Oh the humanity if after 2 years, the Chicago Fields fall to have the worst record in the NFL. 

On 12/23/2022 at 10:11 PM, Bear Hands said:

Tune and Haener both stepped up in their bowls. I typically don’t attach to mid to late rounders but those two really interest me. Especially Tune.

He could legit rise through the process to QB4-5

No, Duggan, Tune, Rising and Haener are my dark horse guys to steal later in the draft.

Hartman is staying in college and entering the portal. Just waiting for Ward to say he's staying now. The middle of this QB class completely disappeared.  I know, I know...the dreaded 'next year' scenario, but it is looking better and better as the 2nd, 3rd and 4-5 round guys that stayed for next season will come out, several will be out of eligibility.  Top that off with the first-time draft eligible guys and it is looking pretty darn good!

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Hartman is staying in college and entering the portal. Just waiting for Ward to say he's staying now. The middle of this QB class completely disappeared.  I know, I know...the dreaded 'next year' scenario, but it is looking better and better as the 2nd, 3rd and 4-5 round guys that stayed for next season will come out, several will be out of eligibility.  Top that off with the first-time draft eligible guys and it is looking pretty darn good!

Yeah it makes sense for these mid-tier guys to stay and collect NIL money as long as they can. Ward should also stay this year. He has some tools that could move him up the draft board if he has a solid year next year.

On a side note if Wilks is our guy (and he is looking like he might be) look out for Richardson or Levis. Remember Wilks wanted the Cards to trade up for Allen and not doing so was one of his biggest complaints. I’m assuming he likes the big arm, raw talent guys based on that. Just a thought…

36 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah it makes sense for these mid-tier guys to stay and collect NIL money as long as they can. Ward should also stay this year. He has some tools that could move him up the draft board if he has a solid year next year.

On a side note if Wilks is our guy (and he is looking like he might be) look out for Richardson or Levis. Remember Wilks wanted the Cards to trade up for Allen and not doing so was one of his biggest complaints. I’m assuming he likes the big arm, raw talent guys based on that. Just a thought…

That's exactly what I'm afraid of.   Levis has the physical tools, but lacks the mental aspect of the game seemingly.  The people that were knocking Trey Lance for being essentially underdeveloped would be very hypocritical to be on Richardson's bandwagon.  Lacking the needed snaps to be successful is the same no matter what college competition faced and simply because Richardson played (extremely) mediocre football in the SEC doesn't make him any more ready than Lance.   For this reason I'm not in favor of drafting 3rd year college QBs, namely RSOs.

Edited by 45catfan

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That's exactly what I'm afraid of.   Levis has the physical tools, but lacks the mental aspect of the game seemingly.  The people that were knocking Trey Lance for being essentially underdeveloped would be very hypocritical to be on Richardson's bandwagon.  Lacking the needed snaps to be successful is the same no matter what college competition faced and simply because Richardson played (extremely) mediocre football in the SEC doesn't make him any more ready than Lance.   For this reason I'm not in favor of drafting 3rd year college QBs, namely RSOs.

I agree.  It really depends on which HC or OC we end up with.  The power running game behind our OL would be a rookie/raw QBs best friend.  Hell it's making Darnold look serviceable.  I think Lance would have been ok if he could just stay healthy.  Shanahan runs a run first offense and loves to lean on his defense allowing his QBs to primarily make the "safe" throws.  With the right OC/HC Richardson in the first and Kincaid with one of our 2nds could be a nice start.  

The first/main thing we need to do is extend Bozeman.  Rookie QB or not he has shown to be crucial to our offense.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

How does Hartman still have eligibility? It feels like he's been playing college football for a decade.