• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

I get this thinking but this is why they pay folks to project and develop these kids. Old school thinking would have had Allen go undrafted and a small guy like Brees or Young wouldnt get a chance either. At some point franchises take that risk and sometimes it pays off. 

42 minutes ago, Varking said:

I get this thinking but this is why they pay folks to project and develop these kids. Old school thinking would have had Allen go undrafted and a small guy like Brees or Young wouldnt get a chance either. At some point franchises take that risk and sometimes it pays off. 

I hope we stay away from Richardson.  Just my opinion but I think there is a real chance he just completely busts.  He is too inaccurate and if he starts turning the ball over early on he won’t be playable.  

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I hope we stay away from Richardson.  Just my opinion but I think there is a real chance he just completely busts.  He is too inaccurate and if he starts turning the ball over early on he won’t be playable.  

If his legs are as advertised then at a minimum you can win with him as he runs a bunch and you can let the accuracy develop. He needs a good situation and I do believe we have one. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

If his legs are as advertised then at a minimum you can win with him as he runs a bunch and you can let the accuracy develop. He needs a good situation and I do believe we have one. 

I have nothing against him obviously but he can’t make it with running alone.

6 hours ago, Shocker said:

I'm not crowning RIchardson but looking a little harder at that data only 2 QBs drafted in the First Round meet that criteria Josh Allen and Trey Lance.  Generally the odds of hitting after the first drops considerable so most of these "failed" Qbs probably didnt have much of a chance anyways.

Lance and Allen would both be examples of the type of prospect he is though and I understand being nervous on the whole "How does he develop" side of it.

Personally id prefer Richardson to Levis because I think Richardson does more things I appreciate from NFL QBs than Levis does in terms of working the pocket and more off script stuff, but I get the alternative opinions.

End of day i'm going to be fine with whichever of the 4 we take. Young and Stroud are definitely safer but Levis and Richardson both have Elite Upside and i'll trust Reich to work and develop them.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

Ran across this video of Will Levis.  He is going to impress when teams get to know him.

I don't care about his story. We not drafting a QB because of his life story. We drafting a QB for his skills.

I don't like Richardson or Levis, but if we do go that route you have to go for Richardson simply because he has a higher ceiling.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that and we can trade up for Stroud or Young.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Pie 2

On 1/26/2023 at 8:04 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

If the Bears would go for Burns + #9 overall for #1, what say you?

For the record, I don't think they would. 

I would do that trade, but I don't think the Bears would.

I'm guessing to go from 9 to 1 they are looking for something like 3 1st (probably from teams expected to be bad) and 2 2nds.  I doubt they view Burns as counting for 2 1st and 2 2nds.

#9 + 2024 1st + Burns is probably getting closer.

7 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I'm guessing to go from 9 to 1 they are looking for something like 3 1st (probably from teams expected to be bad) and 2 2nds.  I doubt they view Burns as counting for 2 1st and 2 2nds.

Agreed and that's just too much unless you're sold on Stroud being a surefire HOFer. I like him a lot, but I'm not sold on that.

On 2/1/2023 at 1:48 AM, AU-panther said:

I think 9 + 39 + Burns gets it done. The Bears need players. If we sent 3 #1's instead, I wouldn't be surprised if they used them to acquire a player anyway.