• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1 General Discussions - Talk to me about the Browns

Zod

On 9/5/2022 at 7:58 AM, *FreeFua* said:

Our run D

My fear is that this game is similar to last years game against Washington. Where they simply ran the ball down our throats. 

For all the talk about Burns sack numbers/finishing plays, he’ll need to show that he isn’t a liability against the run

Exactly right. I look for them to be run dominant. 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

My guess would be for the Sunday game day actives, STO would be ahead of Keith due to his special teams ability.

Yeah the CB depth on paper doesn't look as good as advertised if Keith Taylor in inactive. Henderson got picked on a lot this preseason, and STO sometimes looks ok, sometimes has to jersey tug to not get burned

This Iaoniddis dude better look good on the DL alongside an average to sometimes above average Brown.

We have better LBs against the run with Wilson so do wonder if the Run-D holds up better than expected.

VERY interested in their secondary against our WRs outside of the Ward-DJ matchup.  Baker practiced against all those guys last year and knows their tendencies.  And they're a bit overrated after Ward.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 hours ago, ncsdawg said:

Hello!  I am a long time Browns fan, but as a father I've decided not to support the current team leadership for obvious reasons.  I've lived in NC most of my life, so am going to enjoy rooting for the home team with my kids.  ...

Thanks for reading, I hope at least some of this babbling makes your Sunday viewing more enjoyable.  

Welcome.  Forgive a long post but, ncsdawg, I think you'll enjoy it.

A few years ago, I surprised my father with a trip to Charlotte for the Panthers/Browns game.  Through odd circumstances, we got front row seats right behind the Panthers' bench.  As always, the Browns had a huge following and an avid Browns fan couple sat right beside us.

This day could not have been more perfect.  We had the most enjoyable friendly "trash talk" with them.  They were an absolute blast.  Panthers got well ahead but the couple were as cordial as ever while still keeping up the fun trash talk.  All the Browns fans seemed this nice.  The Browns were not good at the time but that didn't dampen their spirit.  They were there to have fun and watch football.

I had a two-day perfect trip with my father including a Panthers win that was made even more enjoyable by this couple.  My father died a couple years later.  So, looking back, I actually did the thing you typically say "I wish I'd done this or that before I lost my dad."

I'm not a Browns fan.  I am a fan of Browns' fans.  I doubt you were there but, by extension, I thank you for a day that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Edited by coffee
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

On 9/5/2022 at 6:56 PM, panthers_fan_in_tx said:

Stop chubb/hunt and hope like hell ickey doesn't get totally abused by Garrett 

I think they should run at Garrett as much as possible. You got Ickey and Brady over there. Let Ickey get acclimated to the pro game doing what he does best.

• Pie 1

On 9/5/2022 at 10:31 PM, Jackie Lee said:

It'll be interesting watching the O-line against the CLE established D-line and what McAdoo draws up/what Baker audibles to. The thing i've picked up from pressers that actually makes me feel somewhat optimistic is that Baker has free reign to change the plays however he feels fit at the line of scrimmage. Wouldn't trust Darnold with that but I could see it being a positive with Baker and CMC beside each other in the backfield

Plus, no crowd noise to interfere when on offense.

12 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Nothing I want more than for Stefanski to face plant this season. As most of you know I think the guy is highly overrated and has a ton of empty hype around the league. This is his last year with the browns, especially with that Watson contract.

Ouch, what do you dislike him so much for? I don't know much about him in all honesty. 

1 hour ago, coffee said:

I'm not a Browns fan.  I am a fan of Browns' fans.  I doubt you were there but, by extension, I thank you for a day that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

If it's the game I'm thinking about, I was there with my family.  That was the year that the Browns FO insisted in trotting out Johnny Foosball because they couldn't come to grips with the fact that they had drafted a complete dud.  The Browns offense was putrid through most of the game and the Panthers were up, when all of a sudden Manziel was injured trying to roll out.  In came Hoyer and immediate the offense started to move the ball.  I think a Panthers defender was quoted as saying that they now had to deal with a real NFL QB.  In the end the rally fell short.  Cam scored a late 4th quarter TD to win it for the home team.

17 minutes ago, ncsdawg said:

If it's the game I'm thinking about, I was there with my family.  That was the year that the Browns FO insisted in trotting out Johnny Foosball because they couldn't come to grips with the fact that they had drafted a complete dud.  The Browns offense was putrid through most of the game and the Panthers were up, when all of a sudden Manziel was injured trying to roll out.  In came Hoyer and immediate the offense started to move the ball.  I think a Panthers defender was quoted as saying that they now had to deal with a real NFL QB.  In the end the rally fell short.  Cam scored a late 4th quarter TD to win it for the home team.

I actually should've said more than a few years ago.  It was 2006.