• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign dl Henry anderson

w280sax

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Two starters in a draft is a good draft. If TMJ or Shi comes through, it will be a damned good one.

Shi might be the saving grace.  I would agree with you in a standard 7 pick draft or fewer.  We had 11 picks in that draft.  Horn and Chirstensen are looking like the starters.  Tremble remains to be seen.  Taylor is about is get squeezed out of a deep CB room at the end of the depth chart.

The wildcard really is Shi Smith who may be the starting slot WR.

16 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Then you haven't watched them play.

Ellis likes players because of initial hype or because he interacts with them on Twitter.  Then never really alters his opinion based on play.

You thinking your opinion has anywhere close to the credibility Ellis has... 😆

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We aren't making these moves just looking at the Browns game.

If we are, fire everyone now. 😂

I agree lol. Nixon isn’t game changing or game altering talent. I just feel this signing has the potential to help make the Browns one dimensional. My emphasis on Cleveland was because we have to take it one game at a time after winning 5 games each of the last two seasons. We should want Brissett trying to throw it 30 or more times against our strength, which is our secondary. No way I want Chubb and his backups running down our throat in BOA. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Morgan wasn't as strong against the rush as he was expected to be.

It all comes off kinda funny, though.

This was just a few days ago...

Then today, they bring in a guy who's more run stuffer than pass rusher and say this about Nixon...

I know someone will say "coachspeak" that doesn't really explain everything.

It's also kind of hard to miss that Fitterer says one thing and then Rhule says/does another.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It all comes off kinda funny, though.

This was just a few days ago...

Then today, they bring in a guy who's more run stuffer than pass rusher and say this about Nixon...

Seems like the kinda comment that can come back to bite you in the ass

It does tho

Nixion was their guy if they didn't find someone they liked more as their emergency rotational piece at End/UT. Then they signed Anderson, who is now our rotational piece and End/UT.

Much more proven than our 2nd year 5th round guy. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Rags said:

It does tho

Nixion was their guy if they didn't find someone they liked more as their emergency rotational piece at End/UT. Then they signed Anderson, who is now our rotational piece and End/UT.

Much more proven than our 2nd year 5th round guy. 

Meaning that what some people attribute to "coachspeak" is actually incompetence.

I've yet to see enough good to convince me I should trust Matt Rhule when it comes to roster building.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It isn't a good sign to see so many jettisoned already but if we hit on at least 2 of the top 3 picks, it was a good draft.

I don't think it has anything to do with whether the picks are "top" picks or not, just saying. Once a player is part of the team, if he excells that's the goal. I can live with misses--I mean, we basically have to--but if it all balances out, I'm good. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Meaning that what some people attribute to "coachspeak" is actually incompetence.

I've yet to see enough good to convince me I should trust Matt Rhule when it comes to roster building.

Could also be that he was trying in vain to shop him. Who knows?

It definitely isn't the first time we have seen the team talk glowingly about a player and then cut them. It's a Rhule era thing.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't think it has anything to do with whether the picks are "top" picks or not, just saying. Once a player is part of the team, if he excells that's the goal. I can live with misses--I mean, we basically have to--but if it all balances out, I'm good. 

You want to hit on your top picks, those are what make the core of a team. 4th rounder and lower are just nice surprises. If Smith actually pans out, that would elevate the draft immediately. 

I think we SHOULD feel very good about Horn. Smith seems promising and hopefully he becomes a top 4 WR for us. If BC can be an average or better NFL starter, he was a hit. If Tremble can stay a starter for the remainder of his rookie deal, he was a hit. If Taylor stays on as a depth guy until his rookie deal is up, he was a hit.

That's already a pretty good draft even with TMJ likely being a bust and most of the rest unlikely to make any impact. 

Then again, if BC is not a good starter and Smith never can break out, it's looking pretty rough. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, frankw said:

He is offering an opinion not based around being a kiss ass all the time. Yes the staff can and will make some mistakes. Like when we signed an LB then traded him while we went on to become thin at the position and he went on to become a pro bowler.

And mostly everyone applauded that move because he was injured the majority of the off-season.

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You want to hit on your top picks, those are what make the core of a team. 4th rounder and lower are just nice surprises. If Smith actually pans out, that would elevate the draft immediately. 

I think we SHOULD feel very good about Horn. Smith seems promising and hopefully he becomes a top 4 WR for us. If BC can be an average or better NFL starter, he was a hit. If Tremble can stay a starter for the remainder of his rookie deal, he was a hit. If Taylor stays on as a depth guy until his rookie deal is up, he was a hit.

That's already a pretty good draft even with TMJ likely being a bust and most of the rest unlikely to make any impact. 

Then again, if BC is not a good starter and Smith never can break out, it's looking pretty rough. 

It's all a crap shoot. That's why it's good to have as many dart throws as you can. Hitting on day 1 and 2 picks is nice, but hitting on any pick, "surprise" or not, is the ultimate goal.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2