• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Myles Garrett calls relationship with Baker Mayfield “slightly complicated,” admits “some disagreements”

WarPanthers89

34 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

From all I heard from Cleveland fans there was a big divide between those players  loyal to Baker and those loyal to OBJ. When OBJ's father jumped in it got worse. Apparently Garrett was one of the guys fomenting the rift and wanting Baker gone.  Fortunately for us we got Baker for peanuts because Cleveland couldn't keep him on the roster and not cause big locker room issues. 

So basically OBJ was the cancer?

• Pie 5

This was the fear when he joined up, and it flared up at various points. The infamous clip of Chubb and OBJ chatting on the sidelines, and OBJ saying "I just want to score a Touchdown" and Chubb responding "I just want to win" sort of summed up OBJ in CLE to me. 

That, and quitting on plays, dropping passes, moping on sidelines. 

OBJ knew what he was doing by throwing Mayfield under the bus with his dad's video - he knew Mayfield was polarizing and playing hurt. He was the perfect scapegoat. 

Edited by AlphabetsEnd
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I was told Baker was the diva?

Yeah sounds like Garrett wanted say in OBJ vs Baker decision and input on the 2021 QB situation. Garrett/Stefanski/Baker was definitely a bad trio of your top ego guys, but sounds like Baker didn't really do anything fuged up besides play hurt for 16 games

• Pie 1

here's the thing about being imperfect. you can have a complicated past, have been an asshole, but also still be redeemable as a person. I think baker came into the league like a hotshot. he was the 1st overall pick. he acted like it. especially after his first season and during his first season. he rubbed people the wrong way. you can get away with that when you're dotting people up like tom brady, but you start to look human and everyone wants to put it back in your face. all those times you talked poo about the defense. every time you got frustrated with your WR unit. baker got some humility, but it didn't kill him or his career. his attitude has been visibly better and more sincere. he understands that his mouth can get him in more trouble than his arm can get him out of and he has adjusted. there's probably a lot of bad relationships back in cleveland but those dudes aren't in our room and the baker they know is this baker. the one that has shown maturity and realizes that a bad bounce on the QB carousel can put you on the bench for a couple seasons having to prove your worth to start again. we don't need to defend anything he did in cleveland because he's here now and what he does here is what counts for us. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2