• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

baker is a franchise quarterback

PhillyB

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I have us about 1-7 2-6 at that point.  Maybe beat the Falcons, maybe san fran but I doubt it.

If we don’t sweep the falcons I’m done, and San Fran front is more deadly than the browns, if we can’t beat the teams we’re supposed to go ahead and prepare for another 5-13 season 

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Shannahan won’t let Lance drag the Niners down till week 5.

If the Niners stink the next 2-3 weeks Jimmy G plays week 5 and we don’t beat them 

I saw the story yesterday where they went and asked fifteen "team leaders" to make sure they "had Lance's back" if things went bad.

I mean, if you've got to do something like that...

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

If we don’t sweep the falcons I’m done, and San Fran front is more deadly than the browns, if we can’t beat the teams we’re supposed to go ahead and prepare for another 5-13 season 

@ Giants - L

H Saints - L

H Zona - toss up their defense looked lol funny yesterday

H Francisco - maybe a toss up but they run the ball pretty well

@ rams L

H - Tampa L

@ atl toss up

looking a lot like 2-6 3-5 at best

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The Brown DC said yesterday that since they were familiar with Baker they knew exactly what needed to be done to throw him off.  Crowd the pocket and put your hands up and they will frustrate him.  Seems pretty simple to me. 

That's what we're talking about when we say there is a book on Baker and Sam and DCs often share info with buddies or the next team up is going to crowd the pocket and put hands up.

This coaching staff isn't good at defeating other teams game plans so until they can overcome the box being stacked and hands up in throwing lanes, the results will be the same or worse for Baker.

I'll go back and look but I can't remember seeing Baker shift into throwing lanes like Russell and Drew were so good at. He's already four years in, and hasn't been the best study so I can't anticipate him improving his game all of a sudden.

Edited by rippadonn

40 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The Brown DC said yesterday that since they were familiar with Baker they knew exactly what needed to be done to throw him off.  Crowd the pocket and put your hands up and they will frustrate him.  Seems pretty simple to me. 

worked for a quarter 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He bounced back nicely after a pretty awful 1st half.

I'm most concerned about our OL and D. If they weren't playing a backup QB they have us blown out early.

Yeah they look pretty atrocious but that is what happens when you juggle your offensive line all preseason and don't give them a chance to jell.  There should be no reason why our O-line looked worse than 2021 other than not having much time as a unit. 

Defense played much better in the second half.  I think it is pretty clear that they were gassed in the first half.  Hell I think we had negative yardage most of the 1st half until Thomas's 50 yd catch.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

@ Giants - L

H Saints - L

H Zona - toss up their defense looked lol funny yesterday

H Francisco - maybe a toss up but they run the ball pretty well

@ rams L

H - Tampa L

@ atl toss up

looking a lot like 2-6 3-5 at best

So, Baker won't be able to manage the last 2 or 4 minutes of a game to set his team up for a win when trailing by 6 or fewer points in the 4th quarter? I am shocked!

BTW, leaving more than a minute on the clock in a 2 or 4 minute drill for the opposing team is not considered good management by the coach or QB. Only coaches with the top 5 defenses in the NFL have this luxury to let their defense win the game against playoff level offenses.

All the Browns game showed us is the Panthers defense won't be able to stop anyone from winning the game if they are allowed to hold it for a minute or more to end the game.

A defense that can't close out a game against a poor passing game/QB and a coach/QB who can't manage a 2 or 4 minute drill to set their team up to win. There is little to no hope other than blowing a team out if that is what a team brings to the game every week.

There will be no playoffs this season and nothing to build on with this QB/coach/defense. A huge loss with another wasted draft and offseason.

I see 4 wins for the season. No point in keeping this sinking ship floating in the water. Secure what is valuable and abandon ship!

I'm so confused about how Baker sucks but Justin Fields has proven he's a franchise QB 😂  their performances couldn't have been more similar.  They both had trash first halves (Fields was MUCH worse, going 3/9 for 19 yards, an INT, and a 2.8 passer rating) but stepped it up in the second half.  Either they're both trash or they're both franchise QBs if you're going off of Week 1.  The difference was, Fields' defense allowed 10 points and Bakers' allowed 26 points.  That's it.

Maybe Fields will end up becoming a franchise QB, but based on last season + yesterday's game?  Hilarious.  I don't think it's any coincidence that the people already anointing him as such, are the ones who were pounding the table for him before the draft.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I'm so confused about how Baker sucks but Justin Fields has proven he's a franchise QB 😂  their performances couldn't have been more similar.  They both had trash first halves (Fields was MUCH worse, going 3/9 for 19 yards, an INT, and a 2.8 passer rating) but stepped it up in the second half.  Either they're both trash or they're both franchise QBs if you're going off of Week 1.  The difference was, Fields' defense allowed 10 points and Bakers' allowed 26 points.  That's it.

Maybe Fields will end up becoming a franchise QB, but based on last season + yesterday's game?  Hilarious.  I don't think it's any coincidence that the people already anointing him as such, are the ones who were pounding the table for him before the draft.

Baker is a four year veteran. Fields is not. Baker should not be making the same mistakes.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1