• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers probably have the worst trio of GM/HC/Owner in the league as of this moment

Sean Payton's Vicodin

2 hours ago, ECHornet said:

I don’t get this response. 

Here is our 2020 roster that Fitt came into: https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/carolina-panthers/roster/2020?sort=pos

Please look it over and let me know which position groups you think are not improved. DE?

WR, Samuel is better than any number 3 or 4 we have. DLine,lb, and o-line is a wash. Dline took a step down from 2021 to this year

Edited by Camp Fodder
Spelling

1 hour ago, Camp Fodder said:

WR, Samuel is better than any number 3 or 4 we have. DLine,lb, and o-line is a wash. Dline took a step down from 2021 to this year

No way can I see calling OL and LB a wash. I went back and looked to see if I missed someone and I’m confused by your thinking there. I agree that Samuel was a weapon, but the depth of our WR room now gives it the edge, imo. 

I don’t see any group except DE that <maybe> isn’t improved from a talent standpoint. 

7 hours ago, ECHornet said:

I don’t get this response. 

Here is our 2020 roster that Fitt came into: https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/carolina-panthers/roster/2020?sort=pos

Please look it over and let me know which position groups you think are not improved. DE?

Just looking at the first 3 of the first 4 groups….

are we actually better at the RB, WR and TE position groups?  

Whatever I would rate us on a scale of 1-10 would be about the same there in 2020 vs 2022.  

I think to rate us better is emphasizing potential and knowing hindsight to an extent.   

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Just looking at the first 3 groups….

are we actually better at QB, RB, WR and TE position groups?  

Whatever I would rate us on a scale of 1-10 would be about the same there in 2020 vs 2022.  

I think for QB, RB, and WR, it is too early to tell, but in general it is very possible we are better at all 4, but only by one or two out of ten in each. QB I think is the easiest one to say we likely are - yes Mayfield is going to be worse on some days than Teddy was good on some days, but the ceiling for Teddy was much lower. I think WR we are too, but that may be me undervaluing Samuel versus thinking we could possibly have a 3rd receive in Smith or Saunders. RB may be worse, hard to tell. TE is a push - still nobody worth mentioning.

edit: Baker's worst season is arguably pretty close to Teddy's two best seasons, so I'd say Baker is an upgrade for sure.

Edited by mav1234

14 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I think for QB, RB, and WR, it is too early to tell, but in general it is very possible we are better at all 4, but only by one or two out of ten in each. QB I think is the easiest one to say we likely are - yes Mayfield is going to be worse on some days than Teddy was good on some days, but the ceiling for Teddy was much lower. I think WR we are too, but that may be me undervaluing Samuel versus thinking we could possibly have a 3rd receive in Smith or Saunders. RB may be worse, hard to tell. TE is a push - still nobody worth mentioning.

edit: Baker's worst season is arguably pretty close to Teddy's two best seasons, so I'd say Baker is an upgrade for sure.

Yeah, I edited that post after further reflecting and didn’t include QB. 

But I wouldn’t say we are noticeably better at RB, WR or TE yet.  I mean we could be.   But that that’s just potential that hasn’t shown to be better at those spots. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, CRA said:

Just looking at the first 3 of the first 4 groups….

are we actually better at the RB, WR and TE position groups?  

I think to rate us better is emphasizing potential and knowing hindsight to an extent.   

Where would you place the "potential" side of things?? Wide term, but I do feel the *young* talent has improved. Issue is panthers need vets.......not pups...

Edited by Basbear

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Where would you place the "potential" side of things?? Wide term, but I do feel the *young* talent has improved. Issue is panthers need vets.......not pups...

Just depends.  Obviously I’d rather have young depth because of what it could evolve into. 

But overall on a Sunday to play a game? I can’t say that what we have at RB, WR, and TE today is legitimately better vs then.  I don’t think those outside Carolina would view it as better today. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For the interested, here's a decent roundup of future prospects from Pro Football Network.

NFL head coaching candidates for 2023

Names that interest me the most (not necessarily all from this link)...

Bengals OC Brian Callahan

Packers ST Coach Rich Bisaccia

Giants DC Don Martindale

Eagles OC Shane Steichen

Eagles DC Jonathan Gannon

Not familiar with either iggles coaches....but they did surprise many(including me) last year..Plus id say its easy for they to win the division now. 

Putting them on my list of research if "it" happens....

6 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Rhule has dropped in Vegas world lol 

Some interesting other names though.

Losing Dak for several weeks I think should increase McCarthy’s odds.   It would be like CMC going down for several weeks increasing Rhule’s odds. 

I’m not getting Vrabel being where he is.  4 straight winning seasons.  3 straight playoff appearances.   

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Just depends.  Obviously I’d rather have young depth because of what it could evolve into. 

But overall on a Sunday to play a game? I can’t say that what we have at RB, WR, and TE today is legitimately better vs then.  I don’t think those outside Carolina would view it as better today. 

How long do you think its fair(real world) to "improve" one group? As to say the others dont get weaker too.

I mean this is a tough one for me, personally.   

Edited by Basbear

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

How long do you think its fair(real world) to "improve" one group? As to say the others dont get weaker too.

I mean this is a tough one for me, personally.   

It’s hard to greatly improve at a lot of spots in a short time.  

3 years in the NFL? I think that is enough time to legitimately ramp up at several position groups.  Which I don’t think we have really seen happen.  I mean some might be better, yes.  But I think the current pace is off/slow from what you would want to see.   

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, I edited that post after further reflecting and didn’t include QB. 

But I wouldn’t say we are noticeably better at RB, WR or TE yet.  I mean we could be.   But that that’s just potential that hasn’t shown to be better at those spots. 

Yes for sure... WR has been disappointing to me because I expected more out of that group the last couple seasons... I am hoping our young guys find a way to step up but I'm not holding my breath.