• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do the Panthers mean for you?

exactlyzack

19 hours ago, exactlyzack said:

So I’ve been sitting here trying to recover from Covid, and a thought popped in my mind. After the first game, and even way before then, there’s been a lot of negative emotions and thoughts about the Panthers, and honestly rightfully so. We suck and have sucked for a while. That being said I was just curious.

What does the Panthers mean to you? I know I’ve seen people say they’re checked out, and again totallly understandable. But is there a personal story or connection to your Panther fandom?

Just trying to change things up a little bit.

For me, the Panthers are a living connection to my oldest brother who passed away in 2015.  Me and him would watch every single game together we could, and we would cheer   When they did good and cuss them out when they did poor, but we still loved them.  Honestly if it wasn’t for my brother and the Panthers I probably wouldn’t be into sports like I am today.

The year my brother died, was the year we went 15-1 , and that season helped me get through a lot. Of course when we couldn’t get to the final prize, I was devastated, but still proud of our team. We’ve had alot of terrible moments sense then, and right now things are pretty bleak with our current coach, but, no matter what, ima still cheer em on every week. Even in losses it helps me connect to my brother, and for that I am super thankful. That’s probably why I get so dang pissed whenever I see Rhule on the field 🤣.  Sorry for the long post. I just like hearing peoples stories.

...You have covid brain fog...had it last week....it will clear up...but the panthers mean more to me than the folds, crevices and wrinkles in my scrotum...

• Beer 1

I moved to Charlotte from WV as a teenager and the Panthers were new to the league. I’ve been a diehard eternal optimist but as I just turned 40 this year I’m more of ‘it’s nice to have an NFL team in Charlotte’ mentality and I go enjoy the games. They win, awesome! They lose, oh well how’s my fantasy lineup looking.

I also enjoy going to 2-3 away games a year to watch them play as it’s allowed me to see most of the other NFL teams 

Love them of course. Doesn't mean I can't be critical, or that there are periods where I just have to put them to the side for a while. This will be the 4th consecutive season of 5 wins or less. I'm an adult male. I'm not cheering for that rubbish.

I've always wondered how the Falcons have any fanbase at all. Seriously, if that represented a real relationship, every man or woman should have left already due to severe emotional abuse. We aren't at that level yet, but these losing seasons have to come to an end before we end up in that position.