• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unit Strength ESPN and PFF….oh boys it’s bad

Panthers Fan 69

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

looks like the only capable running team in the NFL is the Chiefs with their 24 run plays. Look at that the NYG had over 200 yards rushing but PFF has declared they have a poor run offense. I dont even know what to believe.

they didn't declare that the giants had a poor run offense.  They stated that the unit (o-line) had a poor day run blocking, which is pretty much in line with what Espn said based on win rate percentage.

You can have a great run offense with out your o-line playing great.

Example:

Offesinve lineman gets bulldozed but the running back breaks the tackle and runs for 65 yards.  Thats a bad grade for the O-line but good grade for the running back.

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

they didn't declare that the giants had a poor run offense.  They stated that the unit (o-line) had a poor day run blocking, which is pretty much in line with what Espn said based on win rate percentage.

You can have a great run offense with out your o-line playing great.

Example:

Offesinve lineman gets bulldozed but the running back breaks the tackle and runs for 65 yards.  Thats a bad grade for the O-line but good grade for the running back.

The people who hate PFF are not all that bright and don’t put any time into understanding exactly what they’re looking at and the metrics the ratings refer to, which are not perfect. They just look at a number.

Yet no one picks another rating system and explains why it’s metrics are better overall, because of the rating context this really isn’t possible.

Ironically about PFF without offering an alternative and debate is truly being worthless, and full of poo.

Edited by onmyown

15 minutes ago, onmyown said:

The people who hate PFF are not all that bright and don’t put any time into understanding exactly what they’re looking at and the metrics the ratings refer to, which are not perfect. They just look at a number.

Yet no one picks another rating system and explains why it’s metrics are better overall, because of the rating context this really isn’t possible.

Ironically about PFF without offering an alternative and debate is truly being worthless, and full of poo.

You literally just described the argument against pff because the numbers people don’t know what they are looking at half the time either when it comes to scheme/play that was called. Baseball is a numbers game, football not so much.

But I’m just an idiot because I don’t agree with you.

Edited by Panthercougar68

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Good news: Thanks PFF!

Bad news: F*ck you PFF!

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

It goes both ways on who it is.  Look at elfelin.  One of the higher graded guys on pff last week and everyone says pff is junk.  It all depends on how pff grade lines up with our personal opinions and thats how legit it is.  PFF is pretty solid at some positions and weak at others.   I would say it is fairly weak with the lines in general.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

It goes both ways on who it is.  Look at elfelin.  One of the higher graded guys on pff last week and everyone says pff is junk.  It all depends on how pff grade lines up with our personal opinions and thats how legit it is.  PFF is pretty solid at some positions and weak at others.   I would say it is fairly weak with the lines in general.

Elflein isn't quite as bad as we think but he isn't that good either. But yeah I agree with you it's more accurate for certain positions more than others. It's all just data we can take it or leave it but some of this stuff we know from watching the games. It's about time for us to draft our next franchise center.

• Pie 1