• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Pressers

Jackie Lee

14 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Maybe we would have had more attempts at the plate had the ball be put in CMC's hands more often in the first half.  But let's say that first half struggles is why he didn't get the touches.  FML

I counted 3 plays that were for CMC but we botched the snap in the first half alone. That to me is a big game changer for us. 

Edited by TheCasillas

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

It's the job of coaching to 1) make sure your players do everything right and 2) make players correct what they don't do right.

If you didn't know this before, you know it now . 

I imagine tackling is something that's pretty difficult to evaluate in training camp when players aren't going all out, even during full contact.  And to your #2 - Snow mentioned that they're working on fixing up the tackling in preparation for the Giants.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

...or just run over 😕

I noticed a lot of the time when he had a tackle on him and got a chip from the te then he would totally give up on even trying to rush the passer and would stop and stand there.  I think that's part of why he brought it up and said hes going to have to work through it.

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

C’mon, we had three different starting Cs in 2016 due to all the injuries. Did we ever have that many bobbled snaps that year? New Cs and QBs come in games in college and NFL all the time and occasionally there can be a bad snap and they’ll say it’s a new pairing. Baker had more than enough reps in all of the preseason with Elflein that we should never have had that many bad snaps. I think PFF or somebody else said 4 of the 5 were on Baker. Baker is enough of a vet now that he should be able to lineup behind any starting NFL C and not have 5 bad snaps. After the first one, make sure you stay in there and secure the ball.

we had a NFL staff then.   I'm sure they would have addressed the known QB/C exchange issue before it spilled over into week 1.  And then Rhule bullshitted that hadn't been a problem.  That wasn't true per reporting. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Well at least Phil feels better about the way we are losing. They are showing the kind of chill that makes me think Tepper has really told this staff they have the whole 7 years of the contract come hell or high water! There is no urgency and a care less attitude. They look like they couldn't be bothered. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Well at least Phil feels better about the way we are losing. They are showing the kind of chill that makes me think Tepper has really told this staff they have the whole 7 years of the contract come hell or high water! There is no urgency and a care less attitude. They look like they couldn't be bothered. 

they're just collecting checks at this point. snow going to retire in a few years and rhule will either get fired after this season or tepper actually lets him stay for 7 years. either way, they're going to get their checks win or lose

Edited by Dave Gettleman's Shorts
  • Beer 1

If we see the same qb-c exchange issue early on Sunday i could see Bozeman getting a shot. If the defense is porous and gives up big plays to Saquon then I believe Matt Rhule will be pressured to move Snow to a position coach. I would be ecstatic to see Steve Wilks get the reigns again