• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will be Rhules biggest regret?

CanadianCat

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Taking an NFL job. If he had to do it all over again I think he would've made the leap to a blue chip college program instead. Now he's probably going to end up having to take another mid-level or program rehab job to reprove himself at the college level before he can get one of those gigs.

Ehhh flanking out of the NFL hasn't stopped most from immediately getting good college jobs... 

• Beer 1

Definitely the Darnold trade.  People in here can play the revisionism game and be all "I NEVER wanted Rhule here and I have no idea what Tepper saw in him when he was hired!" but these were the same people in here last offseason praising Rhule after Year 1.  People forget, but opinion of Rhule was largely favorable after his first year despite going 5-11.  But last year the wheels fell off the wagon largely due to the Darnold trade which not only destroyed our season, but deprived us of significant draft capital this year.  And when your team is struggling due to the quarterback you heavily invested in to lead the team, then all your other glaring coaching errors get moved to the forefront and are more easily scrutinized.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Ehhh flanking out of the NFL hasn't stopped most from immediately getting good college jobs... 

I don't think he's getting a blue chip job though. Those boosters want an exciting name not some dude who just flunked out of the NFL and lost to every good team he ever faced at the college level.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think he's getting a blue chip job though. Those boosters want an exciting name not some dude who just flunked out of the NFL and lost to every good team he ever faced at the college level.

Probably has to do with the fact he isn't even a coach just a conman... Most of the other college coaches experienced some degree of success and then fell off.... (Nick Saban, Chip Kelly ect).

What will be Rhules favorite breakfast cereal?

What sort of outfits do you think he will wear if he leaves Carolina.

Is Rhule a gas, hybrid or electric car driver?

Will he be clean shaven for a new start a his next job?

All these need to be explored as soon as possible, we are busting to know

12 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Definitely the Darnold trade.  People in here can play the revisionism game and be all "I NEVER wanted Rhule here and I have no idea what Tepper saw in him when he was hired!" but these were the same people in here last offseason praising Rhule after Year 1.  People forget, but opinion of Rhule was largely favorable after his first year despite going 5-11.  But last year the wheels fell off the wagon largely due to the Darnold trade which not only destroyed our season, but deprived us of significant draft capital this year.  And when your team is struggling due to the quarterback you heavily invested in to lead the team, then all your other glaring coaching errors get moved to the forefront and are more easily scrutinized.

I actually liked the Darnold trade. I thought we could have paid less to get him (see the Baker trade) but I liked that we always were looking to get better at that position. 

It didnt work out, and thats life but if it had we would not be talking about firing the guy. 

14 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The option they picked up was a bigger deal than the trade.

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

He should regret not surrounding himself with experienced NFL staff who would teach him.

Thats mine as well. 

Brady never call college plays, much less NFL. Had no clue how to run a practice or answers for when D figured out his play calls/system.

Snow- never called a NFL D. 65 years old and only claim to NFL frame was the LB coach on the famous 0-16 Lions team. "brains" of the rhules think tank....I will say his D was better than RRs D with less talents.....thats RR calling card and the commies look poor again on D with an elite DL...

All the temple/baylor hires, 2 left him less past year....soooo much for loyalty....

His strength coach has the team looking WEAK for the past 2 years and 2 games. All on rhule hiring this guy cause he helped Rhule get his weirdo ass get in shape....No great experience, just followed Rhule around... Sports science my arse...

Edited by Basbear