• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McAdoodoo Magic

Proudiddy

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No poo. The personnel decisions we make are so insanely stupid.

Like playing Hubbard over Foreman.

Exactly! Was Foreman hurt? You can't say Hubbard is a better RB than Foreman, not even close. I don't understand the personnel decisions either... where is  HIGGINS???

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He was employed by Jerry.

McAdoo seems to be a terrible OC. Maybe he is still trying to figure out what works with our personnel, but the offense is still clearly trying to find an identity. I think Mayfield is playing tight, that would explain the overthrows. McAdoo needs to get his head out of his ass and utilize the talent we have on offense. Get Mayfield comfortable early... 3rd down is STILL an issue and we're not attacking the middle of the field, USE our TE's! IDK, but OC looks like poo so far, worse than Brady honestly.

1 minute ago, Dragoon11 said:

McAdoo seems to be a terrible OC. Maybe he is still trying to figure out what works with our personnel, but the offense is still clearly trying to find an identity. I think Mayfield is playing tight, that would explain the overthrows. McAdoo needs to get his head out of his ass and utilize the talent we have on offense. Get Mayfield comfortable early... 3rd down is STILL an issue and we're not attacking the middle of the field, USE our TE's! IDK, but OC looks like poo so far, worse than Brady honestly.

It would really help if he actually designed a game plan to play to Baker's strengths instead of hammering one that showcases his weaknesses. Baker has never been a pocket passer. Add in no presnap motion and a basic route tree, and this is an offense doomed to failure. I'm not defending Baker's poor play on the field because that is on him, but for fugs sake put him in a position to have a chance to succeed.

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Still trying to figure out why we have almost completely stopped passing to CMC out of the backfield. It’s not like he’s one of the top 2 or 3 receiving RBs of all time or anything’s 

Those little rub routes and zip routes to middle of field behind second level that Cam used to use with CMC would have killed the Saints today. McAdoo never uses them it seems.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Dragoon11 said:

The other thing that really stands out, which prolly goes into the lack of identity you mentioned, is there isn't anything easy for us...  like most teams have concepts that if they need 3 or 4 yards, they have a good idea it's gonna be there.  We come out and pass on early downs like we're the fuging Greatest Show On Turf, but everything is locked up.  We go for it on a 4th and 4 or whatever it was, and everything is locked up.  No one is open.  If you can't get the singles, you have to rely completely on homeruns, and a lot of games, there won't be any homeruns to win it for you.  And again, Baker is so uncomfortable that even when guys have been open on routes, he is completely missing them even when he targets them.  That's why the offense feels so dysfunctional...  we don't have any singles.  We've only had homeruns and they happen so infrequently it is obscured by how bad the offense is the other 99% of the time.

• Pie 1

Since the offense looks very similar and equally as bad as last year I can’t help but to wonder if the offensive coordinators…Brady & McAdoo are/were being told the type of offense run by the head coach. Maybe they are not able to run what they want and are limited due to what Rhule wants to run. 

New offense, new coordinator, new O-line, new o-line coach, new QB = same result. Offense looks terrible. Is this really a coincidence?

Edited by thennek
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, thennek said:

Since the offense looks very similar and equally as bad as last year I can’t help but to wonder if the offensive coordinators…Brady & McAdoo are/were being told the type of offense run by the head coach. Maybe they are not able to run what they want and are limited due to what Rhule wants to run. 

New offense, new coordinator, new O-line, new o-line coach, new QB = same result. Offense looks terrible. Is this really a coincidence?

Nah. The offense is definitely different. The offense last year and this year both suck/ed but for different reasons. Last year we had the worst o-line in the league and a disaster of a QB situation all season but the design wasn't complete trash.

This year the o-line -while not playing great exactly - is better and yes Baker pretty much sucks but our offense is just stale and uninspired. It's very Jeff Davidson-esque

Edited by Floppin
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And that's what makes his insistence on these same packages and personnel groupings so maddening...  imagine what an actual creative offensive mind would do with a Shenault, Foreman, and CMC to shift in and out of the backfield and isolate LBs and Safeties in coverage.  Then having a DJ Moore and Robbie Anderson on the outside with speed...  And they were running a ton of man!?!?!?  It makes zero fuging sense we couldn't take advantage of it.  But here, let's run another bootleg that no one in the stadium bit on.

I have no issue with the the carries so much as the type of carries versus the lack of touches in space for CMC.  The dude is almost uncoverable 1 on 1 with whoever a defense would put on him...  and yet, I can't remember a single time we've flexed him out this season snd got him a 1 on 1.  The poo McAdoodoo is running is literally prehistoric.

I dont recall seeing a single split back gun formation to keep them guessing, nothing...  it's a joke.

Shanahan would feast with this personnel group! 5 course meal.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I don't mind the run to pass ratio to CMC it's just the designs that are god awful. The run selection in particular is just utter crap.

Seems like all McAdoo is doing in using different spread styles and attacking the perimeter of the field. He loves his WR screens for sure. At some point he needs to get back to some traditional style football. Keep it simple, they have to take advantage of the defensive zone looks by attacking the middle of the field. Seems like 70% of our offense is perimeter attacking with a lot of sideline routes. 

Edited by Dragoon11
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Dragoon11 said:

Seems like all McAdoo is doing in using different spread styles and attacking the perimeter of the field. He loves his WR screens for sure. At some point he needs to get back to some traditional style football. Keep it simple, they have to take advantage of the defensive zone looks by attacking the middle of the field. Seems like 70% of our offense is perimeter attacking with a lot of sideline routes. 

That combined with the rollouts and bootlegs I think is partially an attempt to mask Baker's deficiencies in height and proclivity for batted balls. He has never seen the middle of the field well.