• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Winning is Winning

chknwing

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I mean pretty much everyone is taking this win with a grain of salt. There’s a lot left to prove.

but it is also possible to see some good things we did yesterday unless you are just a miserable person

Some good things, yes.  You can't win a game and not have some good things happen.  I'm a big picture guy and one win against a really bad Saints team isn't swaying my opinion of what needs to occur for this team to finally get o the right track.  Rhule will get a few more wins this year, no doubt, but ultimately it's up to Tepper to do the right thing and get a new HC.  My biggest fear is we get to 6 or 7 wins by season's end, not realistically in the playoff hunt and Tepper points to a couple games improvement over his 5 game barrier as cause to retain Rhule. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Seen a lot of apologizing for Herbert but that didn’t matter. He still threw for 300 yards. Jacksonville dominated the game and they were scoring all day.

Just saw word that Rashawn Slater is out for the year.

Herbert probably needs to prepare himself to take a few more hits 😕

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yep. I did find it funny that in one of the Herbert excuse articles they mentioned Slater being out as one of his OL being missing for the game. The score was like  23-7 or 30-10 at the point Slater went down. Herbert wasn’t at tip top but that’s football and OL get hurt, but Slater got hurt when the game was already over. It’s just funny when one of the new league favorites loses, they get articles like those. Pretty sure Herbert isn’t too young to get a call. 

Brandon Staley has been getting loads of attention since last year.

This season might be a "come back down to earth" moment.

4 hours ago, CardiacCat said:

Some seem to forget how close we actually were in winning the first two games as well (despite all our weaknesses)........

No one forgets. It's that we're always close and we never close. This is a chronic problem that has been going on a very long time. At some point you have to move past the point of *we'll make it over the hump someday" to "this team just can't get it figured out" 

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

No one forgets. It's that we're always close and we never close. This is a chronic problem that has been going on a very long time. At some point you have to move past the point of *we'll make it over the hump someday" to "this team just can't get it figured out" 

We had this discussion regarding Rhule's "we're close" comments.

Truth is a relatively small percentage of NFL games are outright blowouts. Most games are close, but people mistake the idea that consistently losing games by a small margin means something positive.

Losing is losing too...by an inch, or a mile, it's still losing.