• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If panthers don't get a top five draft pick

Jmac

42 minutes ago, frankw said:

this team is not terrible enough for that 

Have you watched us play this season?

This was the easiest stretch of games and QBs they will play all season and they scored 5 offensive touchdowns and went 1-2.  And their starting QB is barely completing 50% of his passes.  They play the Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, and Bucs in the next 4 games.  Very real possibility we go 1-6, and that still leaves games against the Ravens, Bengals, another Bucs game, Broncos, Lions, all teams that have looked better than us.  

The only games left we will be favored in are MAYBE the Falcons games, although their offense looks far ahead of ours, the Saints game if they are still playing broken back Jameis, and maybe the Steelers game since we are at home.

This team is absolutely bad enough for the #1 overall pick.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mage said:

This was the easiest stretch of games and QBs they will play all season and they scored 5 offensive touchdowns and went 1-2.  And their starting QB is barely completing 50% of his passes.  They play the Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, and Bucs in the next 4 games.  Very real possibility we go 1-6, and that still leaves games against the Ravens, Bengals, another Bucs game, Broncos, Lions, all teams that have looked better than us.  

The only games left we will be favored in are MAYBE the Falcons games, although their offense looks far ahead of ours, the Saints game if they are still playing broken back Jameis, and maybe the Steelers game since we are at home.

Sunday is going to be the measuring stick in my opinion.  We should beat a team like the cardinals at home.  Thats a very winnable game.  I think we win and then against the 49ers is when we def see what this team is made of.

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sunday is going to be the measuring stick in my opinion.  We should beat a team like the cardinals at home.  Thats a very winnable game.  I think we win and then against the 49ers is when we def see what this team is made of.

I'd be pretty shocked if we beat the Cardinals.  Have they played well?  Not particularly, but keep in mind their opponents have been the Chiefs, Raiders, and Rams.  Do the Panthers even come close to a fraction of those teams?  And yet they beat the Raiders and came close to beating the Rams.  We also don't match-up very well against their offense.  Speedsters kill our DBs every year and Hollywood Brown and Dortch are a problem, plus Rondale Moore might be back.  Our undersized front seven also struggles vs bigger backs, so I think James Conner if 100% should have a strong game too.

Just now, Mage said:

Doesn't mean it will happen. We were worse in 2019 and we were pretty damn ugly last year going 2-12 after starting 3-0. We haven't had a top 5 pick in over a decade now. I just have no confidence in the likelihood we would actually get that pick you should know as well as I do we will mess around and win one or two to work ourselves out of the top three.

Just now, Mage said:

I'd be pretty shocked if we beat the Cardinals.  Have they played well?  Not particularly, but keep in mind their opponents have been the Chiefs, Raiders, and Rams.  Do the Panthers even come close to a fraction of those teams?  And yet they beat the Raiders and came close to beating the Rams.  We also don't match-up very well against their offense.  Speedsters kill our DBs every year and Hollywood Brown and Dortch are a problem, plus Rondale Moore might be back.  Our undersized front seven also struggles vs bigger backs, so I think James Conner if 100% should have a strong game too.

Only thing I'll say is our defenses' speed ALWAYS make Kylers out of pocket plays nullified. 

Granted they've usually been better than us but that's never mattered with the construction of the D. Plus no Hopkins. 

Not saying we'll win but Kylers cardinals have never played the panthers like they're supposed too. 

Trade up. It’s really unfortunate we can’t just tank to get our guy and rebuild the right way, but this is really the only option.

A good vet doesn’t want to (understandably) play for Rhule or Tepper. So this is the only way.

If Rhule is here though, no doubt he he try and find the next qb reject cheat code because he knows he’s not a legit NFL coach who can develop a QB and the highest college level, let alone the NFL.

If we can't draft one of the top QB prospects, and Baker was a flop, then that raises the chances that we bring in another veteran QB. So 2023 would be another cast off QB. In 2024 Corral would have his chance to start. Once Corral flops, we might be in position for a top rookie QB prospect in the draft. Trust me you don't want that.

We have to hope we can end QB limbo in the 2023 draft, and that means this team needs to completely collapse. Winning 5 or 6 games is highly likely for this team, and that is just too many wins to end QB limbo. If CMC goes down again, then we might have better odds of winning less than 5 games. Or if Baker does one of his idiotic scrambles and gets injured that would bring out PJ for a while. The floor for this team is 5 wins imo unless the injury bug bites hard.   

The scary thing is that our division rivals the Saints and Falcons might be snapping up the QBs in 2023 right ahead of us.

Imagine the horror:

2023 draft

Saints - QB

Falcons - QB

Panthers - DE

Just now, pantherj said:

If we can't draft one of the top QB prospects, and Baker was a flop, then that raises the chances that we bring in another veteran QB. So 2023 would be another cast off QB. In 2024 Corral would have his chance to start. Once Corral flops, we might be in position for a top rookie QB prospect in the draft. Trust me you don't want that.

We have to hope we can end QB limbo in the 2023 draft, and that means this team needs to completely collapse. Winning 5 or 6 games is highly likely for this team, and that is just too many wins to end QB limbo. If CMC goes down again, then we might have better odds of winning less than 5 games. Or if Baker does one of his idiotic scrambles and gets injured that would bring out PJ for a while. The floor for this team is 5 wins imo unless the injury bug bites hard.   

The scary thing is that our division rivals the Saints and Falcons might be snapping up the QBs in 2023 right ahead of us.

Imagine the horror:

2023 draft

Saints - QB

Falcons - QB

Panthers - DE

Jesus that hurt my head to read