• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terrace Marshall to play Sunday

GRWatcher

17 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

It’s a terrible sign for TMJ’s future that he can’t beat out the likes of Shi Smith for playing time.

To be fair all we have to base Marshall on is what he did in college. And in college he was on a loaded offense and simply contributed with his awesome supporting cast. Shi was on a less than stellar offense and was forced to carry the entire passing game. 

There's gotta be a reason he isn't playing yet besides just Rhule doing Rhule things. 

Edited by SCMunnerlyn1
typo

55 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Maybe they also weren’t good picks. Brown has flashed at times, which isn’t great for 7th overall but his talent has showed up at least. Still not a good pick, but we’ve seen little to no flashes from the other two. At times, you are just making plays by yourself, rushing the passer or getting open. Neither has shown that they are better than easily replaceable.

I won’t disagree that coaching sucks but like Baker, there’s more than enough to see where his height has impacted us (batted balls and having to throw late to DJ) and his inaccuracy impacted us.

That is always the case, but I base my opinion  on the premise that I can see them going elsewhere and becoming stars.  Of course there are many variables--but imagine Marshall in New England or Brown in LA with the Rams--

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

Maybe they also weren’t good picks. Brown has flashed at times, which isn’t great for 7th overall but his talent has showed up at least. Still not a good pick, but we’ve seen little to no flashes from the other two. At times, you are just making plays by yourself, rushing the passer or getting open. Neither has shown that they are better than easily replaceable.

I won’t disagree that coaching sucks but like Baker, there’s more than enough to see where his height has impacted us (batted balls and having to throw late to DJ) and his inaccuracy impacted us.

Marshall showed a bit of a flash today.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

He did? 7.5 ypr is flashing? Smith outproduced him on 1 catch. I’m glad it wasn’t a donut and better than his 1-2 catches for 10-11 yards per game in last year’s 13 games. 4-30 doesn’t scream 2nd round playmaker to me.

Maybe he builds on it.

He can’t control what routes McAdoo draws up, but he was targeted 4 times and caught all 4. Considering how anemic this offense has been, I’ll consider that pretty good…

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

When someone catches 4 balls for 30 yards, I’m not going to say he flashed. He’s a 2nd round pick in year 2. Sure our coaches suck but he was given a ton of snaps last year and a 6th round pick, who’s had his issues, had still flashed way more than him and overtook him. When he looks better than Smith and Robby, then he’s flashing. I’m not celebrating 7.5 ypr when Rhule was clearly trying to make sure he got involved more.

Honestly I can't evaluate poo on this poor excuse for an offense.  All I know is he went it and caught everything thrown at him.  That's better than a lot of our players on offense.  I think Moore caught 4/8 and yeah maybe some were uncatchable, but I have seen way too many drops.  Maybe "flashed" wasn't the right word, but he showed he needs more opportunity and doesn't belong on the inactive list of the worst offense in the NFL.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

When someone catches 4 balls for 30 yards, I’m not going to say he flashed. He’s a 2nd round pick in year 2. Sure our coaches suck but he was given a ton of snaps last year and a 6th round pick, who’s had his issues, had still flashed way more than him and overtook him. When he looks better than Smith and Robby, then he’s flashing. I’m not celebrating 7.5 ypr when Rhule was clearly trying to make sure he got involved more.

He's done more than Shi Smith has on any drive in one game.

Like be critical, but people can be happy that our 2nd round WR showed something none of our other WRs have - the ability to create some separation against man.