• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Staal Deal Could Be Done In ‘Near Future’

MillionDollarCam

Staal has earned the respect that he will decide when he goes, and RBA and the front office will have that conversation with him when that time comes.

He wears the "C", but he also leads by example and the reason his heavy line is so effective in the forecheck and slowing the oppositions best lines is his work ethic. And the rest of the roster will follow him into whatever fire he needs them to go into.

Don't underestimate the intangibles.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

• 2 months later...

Friedman is reporting that the Canes are still working on a deal with Staal and no one is expecting him to leave the Canes.

Staal currently has 10 goals, 8 assists, and 18 points, he’s also a plus 8. Staal is on pace for 22 goals which would be the most he’s recorded since 2011-12 when he was a member of the Penguins.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

18 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Friedman is reporting that the Canes are still working on a deal with Staal and no one is expecting him to leave the Canes.

Staal currently has 10 goals, 8 assists, and 18 points, he’s also a plus 8. Staal is on pace for 22 goals which would be the most he’s recorded since 2011-12 when he was a member of the Penguins.

Nice.

I'll be the first to admit I was very wrong about Staal going into the season. I thought he might be close to washed up and ready to call it a day. But, while at a couple games, I had the chance to watch him away from the puck (which isn't very often he's not around the puck), and he is able to use leverage, size and his time/distance judgment is off the charts. Not to mention he may the strongest 1 arm guy with the puck I've ever seen. The way he keeps guys off him while skating with the puck is pretty cool to watch.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

Nice.

I'll be the first to admit I was very wrong about Staal going into the season. I thought he might be close to washed up and ready to call it a day. But, while at a couple games, I had the chance to watch him away from the puck (which isn't very often he's not around the puck), and he is able to use leverage, size and his time/distance judgment is off the charts. Not to mention he may the strongest 1 arm guy with the puck I've ever seen. The way he keeps guys off him while skating with the puck is pretty cool to watch.

I was also wrong about Staal, he appears to be aging like a fine wine.

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well we technically can't let him retire until the next Staal is ready.

It has been 21 straight years of having a Staal on the roster.

I think the eldest Ericsson is like 12 or 13... just need Jordo to hold on for another 6 years!

• Flames 1