• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now that Rhule has been let go: Time to Suck Proud for Stroud

Varking

Stroud is accurate as fug

Young is small but the best at playing QB and the best playmaker

Levi's has fantastic tools

No excuses to grab a QB and commit to him this year, we spent the last half decade drafting premium players and valuable positions (Horn, Burns, Moore, Ekwonu), a QB and solid head coach makes it all work. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev
  • Pie 3

OSU QBs scare me. I'd much rather take a shot at Young or Levis. I feel like Levis is the high risk/reward pick, but Young is the safer option.

The only knock on Young is his size. If he were 3" taller and 15 lbs heavier he'd be the #1 pick hands down.

Which begs the question: just how important are those 3" and 15 lbs?

Edited by Jay Roosevelt
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jay Roosevelt said:

OSU QBs scare me. I'd much rather take a shot at Young or Levis. I feel like Levis is the high risk/reward pick, but Young is the safer option.

The only knock on Young is his size. If he were 3" taller and 15 lbs heavier he'd be the #1 pick hands down.

which bama qbs have been good in the nfl?

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I like mccall a lot.  I think when its all said and done he sneaks into the top 15.

I don't know, people get star stuck with big name QB classes and outside of Stroud and Young, there's not a lot of household names at the top this year.  However, this QB class is DEEP.  That said this is the perfect draft to take a stab on a 2nd rounder.

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

which bama qbs have been good in the nfl?

Hurts seems on a good path, Tua was trending up this year with some weapons but got hurt, but that’s also why I have reservations about Bryce due to size. Before that, it was Stone Age football so not much to look at. 

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

there's literally no other position group to build at this point, unless we're talking about piling up on kickers. We suck cause our QB situation sucks. 

I’m not willing to take a shot at a QB in the top of any draft. Too much of a crap shoot! We find a top tier QB in free agency and build depth. We need another WR, a couple TEs, Linebacker is definitely a need as well as Safety. And from the looks of it, a quality 2nd RB would be nice to have. Draft QB in middle rounds to groom until we have some consistency with the coaching staff. We all have opinions, and that’s mine. Right now if we had an above average QB, and were winning, we would still be one injury away at WR, RB, or DE to be a bottom feeder in the league.