• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PHIL SNOW FIRED AS WELL

TheWiz

5 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Again there is a huge difference between sucking and tanking. And even with Manning and Luck being supposedly the best the Colts win 1 superbowl between them.  Meanwhile the Patriots won a bunch of SBs with a 6 rounder again proving you don't need to tank to find your franchise guy.

Its true, you don't need to tank to find your franchise guy.

However, there were 3 men on the coaching staff with HC experience.  We selected the only who has successfully tanked for the overall #1 pick.  He then proceeded to fire the coordinator of a decent D and keep the coordinator of a absolutely putrid O.

We're tanking.

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Its true, you don't need to tank to find your franchise guy.

However, there were 3 men on the coaching staff with HC experience.  We selected the only who has successfully tanked for the overall #1 pick.  He then proceeded to fire the coordinator of a decent D and keep the coordinator of a absolutely putrid O.

We're tanking.

It was between Wilkes and McAdoo. Sounds as if Fitterer and Tepper though Fitterer was the best option and as Tepper said, you try to win out of respect for players and fans. I don't think many defensive players respected Snow so it was an easy firing. I think the defense can get much better. And let's see what he tells McAdoo. My guess is simplify things and put McCaffrey in the slot. Run more overloads, picks and quick hitters. Or maybe that is just what I would be telling him.

Our defense isn’t great, it’s average despite not even playing that many good offenses. Also the stats against our D are misleading, our offense sucks so most of the time our Opponents are just running the ball to take time off the clock. We can’t get to the qb and our scheme sucks. If it wasn’t for so lucky turnovers our d would be a lot worse.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, panthers55 said:

No it just shows that putting all your hopes on a first round prospect isn't guaranteeing anything and if you want to use the Colts or Bengals as evidence that it works, I just point out the Patriots and Seattle as evidence it can be done other ways as well. And let's have the conversation about how many first round QBs bust.

I agree with this. My theory or philosophy if you will about your chances for success comes down to having a competent enough staff that are capable of identifying a pro ready prospective regardless of draft position. 

Having that first pick only insurers you get the first choice among them all but it doesn't matter if you suck at identity one in the first place. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, poundaway said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47y44hzr1t85tfwj5mi0

Wilks is a Defense guy, It's easy to ditch Snow and promote Holcomb who he sees eye to eye with. What is your genius plan of replacing McAdoo in the middle of the week? It has to be someone who knows McAdoos already trash playbook because it's too late to install anything new. We basically have to hope Rhule was handicapping McAdoo lol

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Wilks is a Defense guy, It's easy to ditch Snow and promote Holcomb who he sees eye to eye with. What is your genius plan of replacing McAdoo in the middle of the week? It has to be someone who knows McAdoos already trash playbook because it's too late to install anything new. We basically have to hope Rhule was handicapping McAdoo lol

Nixon or Ryan could improve things about as well as Holcomb is going to do with D.  You're kidding yourself if you think the O could do much worse.  Which is exactly what they are thinking.  Its why Wilks was chosen and why Wilks has decided we needed a new D philosophy.  Cause you know, the D was the problem.

11 hours ago, panthers55 said:

It was between Wilkes and McAdoo. Sounds as if Fitterer and Tepper though Fitterer was the best option and as Tepper said, you try to win out of respect for players and fans. I don't think many defensive players respected Snow so it was an easy firing. I think the defense can get much better. And let's see what he tells McAdoo. My guess is simplify things and put McCaffrey in the slot. Run more overloads, picks and quick hitters. Or maybe that is just what I would be telling him.

Whats with the either=or shlt?  It is possible to fire them both. 

Wilks fired Snow because he had an ax to grind, not because the D wasn't performing. 

Wilks was the perfect choice to tank for Stroud.  He's done it before.

• Poo 1

11 hours ago, poundaway said:

Whats with the either=or shlt?  It is possible to fire them both. 

Wilks fired Snow because he had an ax to grind, not because the D wasn't performing. 

Wilks was the perfect choice to tank for Stroud.  He's done it before.

Wilkes fired Snow because he thought Snows scheme was a college defense not a legitimate pro offense. Their shouting match was about use of the safeties and having DEs who couldn't defend the run. Snow did the same thing each week instead of gameplan for each team. Wilkes has lots of DC experience. And by the way Holcomb was Wilkes DC in Arizona so they both have similar philosophies and Holcomb will make the defensive calls

• Beer 1