• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How could we not give Fitt another chance?!?

DMathematics

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

And they were bought by a Walmart heir? Fitting.

I am surprised by Hackett's work there so far. I knew Seattle wasn't going to be great this year, no idea what that plan really is still, but watching Wilson look like a different person was not expected for me. 

I just think it is a really bad idea to take a 1st year GM or HC and do that kind of a trade. Daboll is doing it the hard and right way IMO. 

Seahawks OC Shane Waldron is a guy getting some recognition for his work with Geno Smith.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, watching Russell Wilson turn into Baker Mayfield in Denver has been a stunning development.

I can't figure that out.  Is Pete Carroll that good or is Hackett than bad or maybe a little of both??  I mean Geno is playing well for Carroll....

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, rayzor said:

btw....this is true for anyone who keeps getting pissed off by someone's posts. just ignore them or just quit responding. don't engage if it's like talking to a doorknob or they do nothing but piss you off. 

no one is forced into any conversations in here.

As my grandpa would say "You know what arguing with a fool makes you? A fool ".

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I can't figure that out.  Is Pete Carroll that good or is Hackett than bad or maybe a little of both??  I mean Geno is playing well for Carroll....

I have to think he's hurt or something. It's not just that he's playing bad, he physically looks like an entirely different player in terms of his skill set.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Seahawks OC Shane Waldron is a guy getting some recognition for his work with Geno Smith.

He is but still that is a ballsy leap to take.

They have to be looking at using those extra picks to find a long term answer. Might be some high picks also. Great ammo to go get your guy in 2023. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Hackett's OC has only been coaching in the NFL since 2016. He spent the last three years as a TE Coach under Hackett in Green Bay. He's never been an OC at any level.

How you go for that guy over some of the people Hackett could have had is just mystifying.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hackett's OC has only been coaching in the NFL since 2016. He spent the last three years as a TE Coach under Hackett in Green Bay. He's never been an OC at any level.

How you go for that guy over some of the people Hackett could have had is just mystifying.

You would think Hackett would just step in and start calling plays at some point....

• The D 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Likewise finding out just how many people seem to absolutely hate his guts 😬

That honestly doesn't surprise me. The guy seems fake as fug.

Though I should add that I know some guys who went to HS with Russell Wilson and they all say his "act" is legit. So if he's fake, he's really good at it and has been at it since HS.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Likewise finding out just how many people seem to absolutely hate his guts 😬

I live out in the PNW and RW was not well liked. He was seen as an egotistical asshole that held the franchise back after his SB win because his way was best. They're happy to have moved on and got better production out of Geno who is a better fit in what Carroll wants to do. 

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You would think Hackett would just step in and start calling plays at some point....

This is Hackett's staff, the first year they coached in the pros listed with them:

OC Justin Outen - 2016
QB Coach Klint Kubiak - 2013
RB Coach Tyrone Wheatley - 2013
WR Coach Zach Azzanni - 2017
TE Coach Jake Moreland - 2021
OL Coach Butch Barry - 2015
Assistant OL Coach Ben Steele - 2014

DC Coach Ejiro Evero - 2011
DL Coach Marcus Dixon - 2021
LB Coach Peter Hansen - 2011
OLB Coach Bert Watts - 2012
DB Coach Christian Parker - 2019

ST Coach Dwayne Stukes - 2006

That doesn't necessarily tell the whole story as some had college or even high school coaching seasons before and between their pro seasons, but it gives you a rough idea. Several are doing their current jobs for the first time in their careers.

Hackett does have longtime NFL coaches Dom Capers, Bill Kollar and Jerry Rosburg on staff as well, but all are in consultant type roles.

Let's just say this is not the staff I pictured him building as a head coach. He seems to have deliberately sought after young, less experienced guys for reasons I can't possibly fathom.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

As my grandpa would say "You know what arguing with a fool makes you? A fool ".

One I liked was "you can't outpuke a buzzard"

Basically, stay away from arguments that aren't going to go anywhere... arguments that just keep going round and round.

There's no prize for having the last word so let them have it if it's going nowhere. 

You can't win an argument that never ends, so just abandon ship. There's nothing wrong with doing that.

• Pie 1

I really can't believe you guys continued for about 15 more pages after Mr. Scot said Dan Morgan wouldn't accept a job promotion to one of the most prestigious positions in one of the most competitive and lucrative industries in the world which he has been working towards for years...all because his buddy got fired.  I'm sure all our former Temple and Baylor players led by Robby Anderson are gonna lock arms and sign kumbaya in protest and forfeit their paychecks until Matt Rhule gets reinstated as Panthers' HC too.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1