• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Quinn Hypothetical #2

Mr. Scot

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So here's a different take than before, one I didn't include previously because it's...complicated, but one that could legitimately happen.

Start again with Dan Quinn getting the Panthers job...

Suppose also that Mike McCarthy gets fired by the Cowboys...

Whether it's Sean Payton or someone else, McCarthy's replacement may want to hire his own staff (especially if it's Payton) even if Jerry Jones wants to retain some of "his guys". But either way, in this scenario, OC Kellen Moore is allowed to seek other opportunities.

Dan Quinn then contacts Moore about joining him in Charlotte as the Panthers OC.

And from thence we go...

Would fans find this scenario more...palatable?

More palatable than Wilkins? Yes. Good hire? No.  

8 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

If Quinn is Fitterers top guy, the we should go ahead in fire him right now. Because this scenario says we have no vision of what we would ideally like the future to look like.

Quinn's been speculated because of his connections to Fitterer and Morgan from their Seattle days. It's all still speculation at this point though.

Tepper has stated they're not looking at anyone else until Steve Wilks has had a chance to make his case for the job. And this is one time where I can agree with him.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As Quinn scenarios go, I like this one better than the option of him picking one of his former colleagues like was discussed in the other thread.

Ultimately though, it's still a "lesser of two evils" sort of thing.

Fair enough. I suppose this hypothetical sets up Moore to be next in line when Quinn is hypothetically fired.

I presume any Quinn (or any other coach) hypothetical would mean a new DC as well. 

3 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

Fair enough. I suppose this hypothetical sets up Moore to be next in line when Quinn is hypothetically fired.

I presume any Quinn (or any other coach) hypothetical would mean a new DC as well. 

Likely a new everything...

There are a few guys I could conceivably see staying from the current staff (Campen, Tabor, Wilks, Holcomb) but for the most part I think you're looking at turnover.

31 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Mediocre as can be. A .500 coach. Nothing about his record says "success".

Screenshot_20221012-165226~2.png

And let's never forget that Quinn was fired after losing to us truly. You'd think wanting to hire the guy who lost his job right after losing to the guy you just fired would be a terrible idea.

• Beer 1