• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not to rain on the positivity parade but this Sunday has the makings of a bloodbath.

panthersgreenville

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I don't know about anybody else, but my optimism is for down the road a little bit, not this week or even this season.

What Tepper did earlier in the week was like flushing a toilet.  The stink will linger for a while but the source is gone.

True but we are staring 1-6 right in the face with the Rams then the Bucs next week and after that against a underrated Falcons team, do we really want to win a lot of meaningless games after being 1-6 or 1-7 and screw our draft position?! 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I don't know about anybody else, but my optimism is for down the road a little bit, not this week or even this season.

What Tepper did earlier in the week was like flushing a toilet.  The stink will linger for a while but the source is gone.

my reaction is a happy poop

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Kupp has a foot injury, Donald has a foot injury, we've been playing 4pm games for two weeks straight, Rams are averaging 16 point a game. We might lose but Rams aren't scaring anybody this year so far. 

16 points per game? We got a chance then!

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, panthersgreenville said:

True but we are staring 1-6 right in the face with the Rams then the Bucs next week and after that against a underrated Falcons team, do we really want to win a lot of meaningless games after being 1-6 or 1-7 and screw our draft position?! 

For me, down the road is just not getting run off the field and looking clueless by the end of the season.  Actual impact on wins and losses is another level of improvement that given our offense may take a while.

It is very hard to change an offensive scheme during the season.  Doing so often makes the problem worse before it gets better.

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, panthersgreenville said:

Im as thrilled as anybody that Rhule is gone, beyond ecstatic. I am seeing a lot of expectations from the fan base that Wilks is possibly the answer and he will even do so well that he becomes our new HC, don’t get me wrong I like him, I love the story and I would love to see that happen. 

But we have to look at facts, we fired Rhule and replaced him with a HC that has a 3-13 record as a HC, starting a 3rd string QB who has 2 TDs 8 ints his time here, with a defense that is banged up and playing under a brand new interim DC.

On top of all this, we are facing a Rams team in a West Coast game across the country that is desperate to be back at .500 before they have their bye week. We are currently 10 point underdogs according to Vegas and they are rarely wrong.

My guess is it will look promising and close the first QTR or 2 but will get out of control fast. 

Last time we went to the west coast and were 10 point dogs?

was also PJ’s last start.   And I don’t have to tell you what happens when PJ starts a game. 

• Pie 4