• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tanking does not guarantee a good QB

Panthers Fan 69

14 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

And you made the point of not tanking for a QB.  We drafted Horn in 2021 who at this point is better than any of the QBs in that draft.

I think we agree?? Lol.. it’s way too early to know where we we will be in the draft of course!! The way early qb hype is crazy.. my buddy is a Florida Gator fanatic!! Asked him about Richardson.. he was like nahhh!! And he doesn’t like talking down about his team.. seen early mocks for him to Panthers.. it’s a crap shoot 

44 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Most QBs taken high in the last 10 years have been busts. Just play for the wins. 

True, but does not change the fact that the further back you go in the draft, the worse and worse your odds get of obtaining a quality qb. Just because the odds are not great drafting top ten does not mean they're not still better than the horribad odds of anything outside round 1.

The bottom line is quality qb's dont grow on trees.

If you think about the fact there are generally single digit quality qb's (qb's that give your team an above average chance to win) in the league at any one time, and the ones that do generally have careers spanning over a decade, it's pretty easy to see that on average each draft produces one quality qb or less.

Yet most drafts have at least half a dozen prospects touted as good to great prospects at the position. The reality is this is media hypebullshit. Look at the results, not the hype. Also look at the fact most of these quality qb's do indeed get drafted in round one.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

And you made the point of not tanking for a QB.  We drafted Horn in 2021 who at this point is better than any of the QBs in that draft.

That's literally one draft class, and lbr that's only because Fields and Jones were left. I love Horn but it'd be stupid to take him if Lawrence or Wilson were on the board given what we had at QB.

It's not even just the fact that "Haha QB if you get the #1 pick", even last year i'd say take Hutchins or trade down if we had #1 even with all our QB problems, but the fact that it is literally our weakest position and there's good prospects thereat the top of the draft.