• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was on the tank bandwagon, but after looking more further, I say we just roll with Corral and draft BPA.

panthersgreenville

There is NO CAM IN THIS DRAFT so far.

I saw someone mention “well Cam wasn’t a clear number 1 either.”

That lacks some context. There were “character issues” that had people tentative. There were questions of his ability to read defenses. There was one year against elite competition…

But…

He was arguably the most physically gifted QB of all time. He took a middle of the pack SEC team, and carried them on his back. He came back and beat Alafrickinhbama through his will. 

Heisman. National Champion. The MAN amongst men in the SEC. 

That isn’t in this draft. 

Stroud looks the best and he has guys open all game. 

Young is tiny and has to put his whole body in throws. Don’t tell me Corral is small but “tAnK fOr YoUnG.”

Levis is raw from what I’ve seen so far. He (physically) is probably the best in the draft. Might have the most potential. Something is just odd about him though. 

Hooker. Old. He’s stronger and smarter than the 20 years old he’s playing against. 

Ward. Have to watch more, but I’m not seeing it so far. Need to see more NFL throws and something outside of screen passes. 

I think everyone had rose colored glasses for this class because the last one had a bad narrative. This ain’t worth tanking. 

Will Anderson might be worth that tank though.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Cam Newton wasn’t even the clear choice the year we drafted him. First round QB’s are a gamble, but you have a much better chance of finding your franchise guy in the draft over a QB in free agency or trade. We see how that has worked out since Cam for us 

Cam Newton was the clear choice. The media bought into that Peter King hit piece, but Cam was on another planet from Blaine Gabbert.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

if our first is not a QB I will rage, maybe even give up. I don't even care if he competes with Corral and Corral beats him out fair and square. You absolutely have to make this move and see how it plays out.

If Corral beats him out that plan would be a disaster. You would have passed on Will Anderson and Miles Murphy for........Matt Corral.

If you guys want to do this right, compare game videos of these prospects to Corral. 

Various channels do “every snap” game videos of these QB’s. They end up being roughly 8-12 minutes long, and show you all the snaps (good and bad) of the QB. 

Most top prospects will have a good arm, so I enjoy seeing the plays when poo hits the fan, and they have to go through reads, make a rusher miss, create time with their feet, etc. 

Do they keep their eyes downfield? Can they make the first guy miss more often than not? Can they throw from different arm angles? Accuracy in the pocket vs. on the move. Are they calm or nervous in the pocket?

Do not just be a highlight video guy. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

If you guys want to do this right, compare game videos of these prospects to Corral. 

Various channels do “every snap” game videos of these QB’s. They end up being roughly 8-12 minutes long, and show you all the snaps (good and bad) of the QB. 

Most top prospects will have a good arm, so I enjoy seeing the plays when poo hits the fan, and they have to go through reads, make a rusher miss, create time with their feet, etc. 

Do they keep their eyes downfield? Can they make the first guy miss more often than not? Can they throw from different arm angles? Accuracy in the pocket vs. on the move. Are they calm or nervous in the pocket?

Do not just be a highlight video guy. 

Corral is Aaron Rodgers like throwing on the run but they don't see him tho.

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

SMH. Wisconsin and MSU are mid level? Cal with Rodgers were 6 points from beating USC and being in the national championship. Is Auburn mid level? Tennessee?

There a teams that dominate for several years or longer. Nebraska and Florida State were Alabama before. There’s maybe 4 of those teams each year. You could argue that 20 of the top 25 are mid level teams so what’s the point of the label if 60 power 5 teams are considered mid level.

Math-wise, there are 125 FBS teams, 65 power 5 and 129 FCS teams where Wentz and Lance were. IMHO, bottom tier is FCS, mid level is the other 60 FBS teams (Allen, Willis) and maybe the bottom dwellers in power 5 like Vandy. Not sure there are anymore that are never competitive. Saying if you are out of the top 5 means mid level is basically everyone from 20 ranked teams to the top FCS teams. Well duh, yeah most players come from that 95% of the draftable players.

All my QBs were from power 5 conferences and competed with teams that had lots of talent. Lamar Jackson didn’t compete for a national championship but he lost by 3 to a Clemson team that lost to Alabama in the BCS championship that year. We’re going to act like he was playing for Liberty?

Why do you think Lamar and Rodgers went 1st round? They made their teams competitive in power 5 conferences.

Anyone not at one of about 5 schools can be considered mid level by the guy who wrote the post.