• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Way of the Panther (Jonathan Jones)

Mr. Scot

Rule spent too much time on brand rather than product.

You need more than platitudes and motivational slogans. You need competitive knowledge at least on par with the the rest of your peers. 

Its no wonder he was seen as a joke by many of the grownups around him. I'm more surprised they were able to keep their mouths shut for so long.

The real wonder is what the hell took tepper so long to fire him.

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Likely.  I just think the fake rah rah stuff can wear on some people and their personalities (such as myself), much more than a guy (Urb) who tries to be intimidating but isn't very intimidating himself.  That's where I am coming from.  If I was a staffer around Rhule and Urb, Rhule would bother me a lot more because his type of fake-positive but super insidious style of leadership does what it just did - lasts way too long with more far-reaching implications.  Again, Urb was a dick and extremely hostile, but I think the staff and team knew it wasn't gonna last and they just had to ride it out for a short time.  The poo Rhule had going on had enough bells and whistles that he was able to get his hooks in to enough people that mattered for long enough that he was able to hang around and extend the misery for way longer than he should have.

Not trying to convince you either way just explaining why it would bother me more with Rhule.  But, I'm only referring to the pros...  if you're wanting to include him willingly hire a guy with ongoing domestic abuse issues in college that's a whole nother ballgame, and I would agree, that is easily more toxic and problematic.  I'm strictly referring to the big-time college coach taking over a pro franchise and which style was worse.

yeah I mean Urban verbally abused staff and in one instance physically abused a player, skipped the team flight home after a loss so he could go to bars, lost the locker room and owner and couldn’t even finish one season amazingly. 

Rhule is an awful pro coach, but by every account I’ve heard he’s not an awful person like Urb. 

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, I wouldn't put money on that.

And regardless of what standards you set, when you fail to meet them, you look pretty bad.

Then we have a serious problem as an organisation.

Staffers that a) fail to deliver and b) clown the coach to the media need to be fired.

Edited by OldhamA

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

yeah I mean Urban verbally abused staff and in one instance physically abused a player, skipped the team flight home after a loss so he could go to bars, lost the locker room and owner and couldn’t even finish one season amazingly. 

Rhule is an awful pro coach, but by every account I’ve heard he’s not an awful person like Urb. 

Yeah, that was all top-tier shitbag stuff from Urb, and he's lucky he didn't get his ass whooped.  I just think Rhule is getting a pass because much of the media and our fanbase perceive his shortcoming s were simply because he didn't know better, but I disagree.  I cite the Joe Brady situation as a perfect example.  Him going on vacation after those losses, then coming back and firing Brady after a bye week.  I think it's very comparable to Urb's declining to fly home with he team to sit creepily while getting a lapdance from a coed...  also, the "can't wait to coach Cam," stuff and then releasing him.  I know that doesn't cross the lines of physical abuse stuff, but I think it's evidence that he definitely knew what he was doing and operated with bad intentions.  The OOU stuff now coming out and the stuff coming out from the creative/social media teams I think also speaks to a hostile work environment and a guy that was definitely creating a hostile/exclusive work environment.  I think a lot of his actions were intentionally divisive, and it's pretty telling that it went on for so long but we heard so little from inside, or even the media, because people were scared of retaliation.

I am naturally cynical though.