• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Anderson Watch

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Hard to eat that kind of dead money on a WR. If he becomes a weekly malcontent that's jeopardizing the team, then you do what you have to do. Otherwise, let's try to salvage the relationship. Emotions are high right now. 

Trading him helps our cap situation next year immensely. Its very easy to eat his contract because it would put us under the cap next year.... this is the most perfect move for us at this juncture. There is far more benefit in trading him. Keeping him is the worst thing we could do.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

fug that dumbass

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/25/panthers-gm-scott-fitterer-the-time-was-right-for-robby-anderson/

“You have a model that you plan out, and you can go out three years with it,” Fitterer said of how he and the organization maps out their contract extensions. “And you look at where the cap may be next year, the year after you project where that’s gonna be at, where you’re at right now, who’s up. Robby was the right guy at this time to do it and we’ll keep going with other guys as we go forward.”

I'm pretty sure we all know how you feel about Fitterer at this point 🙄

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Trading him helps our cap situation next year immensely. Its very easy to eat his contract because it would put us under the cap next year.... this is the most perfect move for us at this juncture. There is far more benefit in trading him. Keeping him is the worst thing we could do.

Roger that. If trading him is a strategic move to manipulate the cap... so be it. I just don't think you trade him because of yesterday's outburst. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I think his outburst yesterday tanked whatever value he had left.  Probably lucky to get a 7th at this point.  He is an illiterate child.

I think thats why they put him on podium, to try to salvage whatever he tanked with his outburst. If no one trades for him, I dont see us releasing him until the offseason bc of the out we have in his contract. Most likely put him on the IR and send him home.

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

They restructured  his contract during the Watson thing so we owe him that bonus money either way. It's the same  $9.7M dead cap hit and $12M saved next year whether we cut him or trade him

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He took all the credit when he signed the extension.  Not a good look.

He is like a peacock in this video

Watched the entire video and he didn't actually praise Robbie until the very last question.  He repeated it that is was Robbie's time based on which of our WRs was next up for a new/extended contract--at least 4 times through multiple questions.  It was about process.  He made that abundantly clear.

• Beer 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

They restructured  his contract during the Watson thing so we owe him that bonus money either way. It's the same  $9.7M dead cap hit and $12M saved next year whether we cut him or trade him

we get an additonal 1.3m this year if we trade/cut him this year. It goes to the 2022 cap and then would carry over into next year. 

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I think thats why they put him on podium, to try to salvage whatever he tanked with his outburst. If no one trades for him, I dont see us releasing him until the offseason bc of the out we have in his contract. Most likely put him on the IR and send him home.

I cannot see anyway he plays another snap for us.   No way wilks does that

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Watched the entire video and he didn't actually praise Robbie until the very last question.  He repeated it that is was Robbie's time based on which of our WRs was next up for a new/extended contract--at least 4 times through multiple questions.  It was about process.  He made that abundantly clear.

He says its his model of doing things.  thats telling, it was totally unnecessary