• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Pats relationship with Mac Jones "gone sideways"

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

The same can be said for all of the other QBs from the “vaunted” 2021 QB class. I’m very down on things but the one thing they got right was passing on Fields & Jones and not selling the farm for Wilson or Lance. At this time - I’m not sold on Young (size, frame) or Stroud (Ohio State QBs don’t translate as they cannot read the field) for 2023. 

Said it elsewhere: Justin Fields isn't doing CJ Stroud any favors.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

17 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

The same can be said for all of the other QBs from the “vaunted” 2021 QB class. I’m very down on things but the one thing they got right was passing on Fields & Jones and not selling the farm for Wilson or Lance. At this time - I’m not sold on Young (size, frame) or Stroud (Ohio State QBs don’t translate as they cannot read the field) for 2023. 

I liked Lance but not for more than one 1st and he had plenty of bust potential. Last year looks so much worse but even a good enough for now QB has great value outside of the first. I'm with you on Young, I would need to see why he is the exception and not the rule. Stroud worries me less from a distance, all that school stuff goes out the window once they have an NFL coaching staff...if they staff is any good.

If you have a chance at a guy with the physical skills, mental ability and tape to backup what they can be in the NFL and not all the school baggage then take the shot and don't worry about wasting just a 1st because if they are not the one then you just use another 1st until you find one (or hit the jackpot and find one outside of the 1st that is an actual franchise QB). All those guys need to finish this year so we can take a long look at the entire picture and not the ups and downs of a season. 

Edited by Waldo

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

100%  but if Rhule had drafted him he still would have a job. 

Lol no QB played well on a Rhule team. They all had historically bad years ( I didn't and won't look at Cam's #s ). There is more to that story than I know but thems facts sir. If Rhule drafted him he might have ruined his career vs looking serviceable last year.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

49ers would def be calling

He'd be going from an E-P to a Shanahan type WCO. Some common concepts but the terminology would likely be way more complicated.

Really smart head coach though. Can never discount that.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Lol no QB played well on a Rhule team. They all had historically bad years ( I didn't and won't look at Cam's #s ). There is more to that story than I know but thems facts sir. If Rhule drafted him he might have ruined his career vs looking serviceable last year.

2 things:  Rhule would have been given a longer leash with Jones and I think he probably would have won some more games with jones.  Mac isnt terrible per se, just limited

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He'd be going from an E-P to a Shanahan type WCO. Some common concepts but the terminology would likely be way more complicated.

Really smart head coach though. Can never discount that.

Shanahan's seat is warming up apparently. If the 9ers dont get to the playoffs this year, there are rumblings they will move on from him.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Shanahan's seat is warming up apparently. If the 9ers dont get to the playoffs this year, there are rumblings they will move on from him.

I think that would be a huge mistake.

Moving on from Lynch? That I could see.

What they gave up to move up and get Trey Lance is really biting them on the ass right now. The move for Carson Wentz last year didn't exactly help Chris Ballard either.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think that would be a huge mistake.

Moving on from Lynch? That I could see.

What they gave up to move up and get Trey Lance is really biting them on the ass right now. The move for Carson Wentz last year didn't exactly help Chris Ballard either.

but what he got back for Wentz did.....

As for Shanahan, the 9ers just cant score right now. They are one of the worst scoring teams in the NFL. For what they have talent wise and the field position their defense gets them in.... they should be top 10.

He has 2 winning seasons in 6 years there.....

Edited by TheCasillas