• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

9 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

We have no chance next year.

We are over the cap.

We have zero offensive weapons.

We will have a Rookie QB either Corral or a draft pick.

We have no pass rush.

Our secondary is just ok.

A bunch of rookies and jags aren't winning 5 games.

You are assuming the team as constructed will be what is fielded next season.  It will not.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Interesting how the "McCaffery's not that valuable if we haven't won anything" crowd doesn't apply that logic to anyone else on the team

I see what your trying to do...

No one else on the team that gets  traded or cut is going to make some on the huddle act like the team never going to win anything again because they are not here anymore.

Every position is   replaceable period  but we need a franchise QB and build around him and A good HC and staff.

we moved on from Jake, we moved on from Smith/Moose we moved on with CAM/Luke 

which all them we got somewhere    2 NFC championships and 2 Superbowl losses but we where competitive  and had an Identity.

We will move on from him  CMC   tons of Marshal Faulk/ Brian westbrook  backs out there they will spring up until football is crusted away and never played again.

So save that BS your trying to spout most likely he wanted to be traded.

Edited by ZoneRead

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Oh common now. I'm fairly confident this team, well whatever group they field next season, will win more than 5 games.

Getting the head coach hire right is step one. From there it's full steam ahead. 

So you're fairly confident Tepper is going to get the right HC?

39 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I can't help you brother. We are rock bottom with nowhere to go but up. There will a completely new team fielded next season under a new staff. There is light ahead. 

We haven't hit rock bottom yet. There's still a whole lot of ways for Tepper to screw this up and it starts by hiring some worn out retread HC. My hope is he lets Fitts/Morgan do their job this offseason, if they make it that far, and find qualified candidates who can bring new energy and innovation into this organization. Right now, it just feels like we're getting ready to do the whole Rhule process over again, except this time the hire will be Joe Judge. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, travisura said:

Can you imagine this place if we only got a 3rd or 4th rounder out of it

You realize that if the 9ers do go to the SB, that 2nd is just about a 3rd.  Right?  CMC is going into an O essentially made for him on a team that has been to the SB and NFC championship in the last few years. 

• Pie 1

Just now, poundaway said:

You realize that if the 9ers do go to the SB, that 2nd is just about a 3rd.  Right?  CMC is going into an O essentially made for him on a team that has been to the SB and NFC championship in the last few years. 

You realize that that's a huge if. Right? He got traded. We got 4 picks in return. Suck it up and move on.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

I'll be surprised if the Niners are in the Super Bowl. I don't see them getting far with Jimmy G going toe to toe with the best QB's in the NFL. And that's what it will come down to. You can have the best RB in the league but your QB is going to have to get it done if you want to be in the championship and we saw how that ended in last years playoffs.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2