• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick question...

WOW!!

8 hours ago, WOW!! said:

When was the last time a RB garnered a 1st round pick in a trade??

Add in the caveats of

Injury history 

Massive contract 

Changes in the league devaluing that position..

I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge but all I can think of is Dumbass Hershel Walker.. And that was 40 years ago.. Let me know if you can think of another RB lately who was traded for a 1st round pick??

If he was used the right way, he isn’t pigeonholed as simply a ”running back”.

He’d have a Deebo type value instead. 

To be fair, considering his injury history, I think San Fran have us “shifty Deebo with injury history” value. 

9 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Skipped right over the fact Faulk was in the midst of a contract and demanded a trade and then held out until he received the largest contract in the history of the Rams (at the time obviously) 

We've seen disgruntled players shipped out for pennies on the dollar every time. Once that info goes public it tanks their value. You know that.

Why do you think that trade looks so much smaller than the Erick Dickerson and Ricky Williams trades?

It don't matter What Marshall reason was for being traded.. You don't know if CMC still wanted to be here.. 

And the league knew CMC contract was a anker around our necks.. For months he had rumors of being traded.. So there is no added negotiation leverage in this like you think...

5 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

If he was used the right way, he isn’t pigeonholed as simply a ”running back”.

He’d have a Deebo type value instead. 

To be fair, considering his injury history, I think San Fran have us “shifty Deebo with injury history” value. 

I don't care how you use him you don't build around RB.. You can't have a Rb taking that much of your cap because the position in most cases has a shelf life..

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

That’s one of the dumbest arguments. We literally had one of the worst rosters in the league every year. With the QBs we’ve had, we might be lucky we got 5 wins a year.

No non-QB would have changed our results and CMC was hurt most of the last two 5 win seasons.

Look at 2021, we were 4-3 in CMC starts with Sam Darnold and 1-9 when he was hurt. Hmm, that doesn’t jive with your CMC wasn’t impactful.

Cool you live in madden world where you can turn off injuries and don't worry about position value..

I keep seeing McCaffrey’s assigned position as RB… just because the Panthers used him exclusively as an RB doesn’t mean San Fran will. I’d bet the farm that if McCaffrey was used exactly like Deebo Samuel is used, he’d statistically out perform Deebo, and I think most people would be in agreement that Deebo would fetch a first, even with his injury history (similar to McCaffrey in that regards).

I think it all comes does to how you sell it, but I don’t doubt that if the Panthers wanted to string this out in the same fashion that the Texas strung out the Deshaun Watson saga, they probably could have come away with a first and fourth.

I also don’t think it’s far fetched to believe that the Panthers did McCaffrey a solid and sent him to a place that he wanted to be.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

9 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

We didn't just give up an RB.

We gave up our best running back.

We gave up our best receiver.

We gave up the only guy we have who can block behind the line in pass protection.

We gave up the only sharp offensive tool in our toolbox that could be counted on for next year.

We gave up the guy that was producing basically 2/3 of our offense.

And the best pick we got for it is at the level where we picked Terrace Marshall, Jr. and Yetur Gross-Matos. 

Woot woot, Fitterer the genius strikes again.

Yep. We traded 75% of our offense. I can't get excited about that. Particularly when there is a substantial chance that we will piss away the draft picks we got in the deal on nothing.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Quick Question. 

When was the last time a RB like Christian McCaffery was traded away?

He is an impossible mismatch, 26 years old and now is under a non guaranteed contract with an annual salary of 12 mil for the next 3 years and making pennies this year. We also nuked our own Cap and will carry an 18.3 Million dead cap hit for Christian to play on another team. 

Forget 2 dimes instead of a quarter, we took 4 pennies on the dollar. 

still a hb

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

And even if we did transition him to WR you can’t justify his contract as a WR that wouldn’t be able to play on the outside 

Exactly.. Even as a Wr he would be a slot Wr.. And those guys aren't getting 19 mil a year..

6 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I keep seeing McCaffrey’s assigned position as RB… just because the Panthers used him exclusively as an RB doesn’t mean San Fran will. I’d bet the farm that if McCaffrey was used exactly like Deebo Samuel is used, he’d statistically out perform Deebo, and I think most people would be in agreement that Deebo would fetch a first, even with his injury history (similar to McCaffrey in that regards).

I think it all comes does to how you sell it, but I don’t doubt that if the Panthers wanted to string this out in the same fashion that the Texas strung out the Deshaun Watson saga, they probably could have come away with a first and fourth.

I also don’t think it’s far fetched to believe that the Panthers did McCaffrey a solid and sent him to a place that he wanted to be.

Mccaffrey cannot be used like Samuel. When has Mccaffrey ever beat a number 1 or even number 2 corner on a deep out? Or any type of deep route.

Most of Mccaffrey receiving production has been done against linebackers when we are trailing by double digits.

• Pie 2