• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick question...

WOW!!

Quick Question. 

When was the last time a RB like Christian McCaffery was traded away?

He is an impossible mismatch, 26 years old and now is under a non guaranteed contract with an annual salary of 12 mil for the next 3 years and making pennies this year. We also nuked our own Cap and will carry an 18.3 Million dead cap hit for Christian to play on another team. 

Forget 2 dimes instead of a quarter, we took 4 pennies on the dollar. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Quick Question. 

He is an impossible mismatch, 26 years old and now is under a non guaranteed contract with an annual salary of 12 mil for the next 3 years and making pennies this year. We also nuked our own Cap and will carry an 18.3 Million dead cap hit for Christian to play on another team. 

Marshall Faulk  for a 2nd and 5tj round pick..

Just now, WOW!! said:

Both.. But Richardson was traded a year after he was drafted..  Not 6 years into his career..

And Faulk was traded in the midst of a contract dispute. Not under team control for the rest of the season and an additional 3 years. 

Faulk didn't accelerate an 18 million dollar dead money hit onto his team's cap next season either. 

We can go back and forth. You love the trade. I don't. You're not going to convince me otherwise, I wont convince you. We can agree to disagree.

4 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

And Faulk was traded in the midst of a contract dispute. Not under team control for the rest of the season and an additional 3 years. 

Faulk didn't accelerate an 18 million dollar dead money hit onto his team's cap next season either. 

We can go back and forth. You love the trade. I don't. You're not going to convince me otherwise, I wont convince you. We can agree to disagree.

You asked a question and the simple answer is Marshall Faulk got traded for way less with

No injury history 

In a time where RB had higher value 

And making less on his contract...

And Marshall Faulk is the same type player as CMC...

The fact they got a Haul for a RB (with a big contract and injury history) in 2022 is pretty good..

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Quick Question. 

200.gif

We didn't just give up an RB.

We gave up our best running back.

We gave up our best receiver.

We gave up the only guy we have who can block behind the line in pass protection.

We gave up the only sharp offensive tool in our toolbox that could be counted on for next year.

We gave up the guy that was producing basically 2/3 of our offense.

And the best pick we got for it is at the level where we picked Terrace Marshall, Jr. and Yetur Gross-Matos. 

Woot woot, Fitterer the genius strikes again.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That’s one of the dumbest arguments. We literally had one of the worst rosters in the league every year. With the QBs we’ve had, we might be lucky we got 5 wins a year.

Next year we will have THE worst roster with or without CMC. Feelings aside, trading CMC makes all the sence in the world. We got the most we could so market rules. We get out of a huge contract in a year where we will suck anyway. 

Now we at least have a plan. Now get the right QB and the right HC otherwise who cares.

Edited by klumme

17 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You asked a question and the simple answer is Marshall Faulk got traded for way less with

No injury history 

In a time where RB had higher value 

And making less on his contract...

And Marshall Faulk is the same type player as CMC...

The fact they got a Haul for a RB (with a big contract and injury history) in 2022 is pretty good..

Skipped right over the fact Faulk was in the midst of a contract and demanded a trade and then held out until he received the largest contract in the history of the Rams (at the time obviously) 

We've seen disgruntled players shipped out for pennies on the dollar every time. Once that info goes public it tanks their value. You know that.

Why do you think that trade looks so much smaller than the Erick Dickerson and Ricky Williams trades?

23 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We didn't just give up an RB.

We gave up our best running back.

We gave up our best receiver.

We gave up the only guy we have who can block behind the line in pass protection.

We gave up the only sharp offensive tool in our toolbox that could be counted on for next year.

We gave up the guy that was producing basically 2/3 of our offense.

And the best pick we got for it is at the level where we picked Terrace Marshall, Jr. and Yetur Gross-Matos. 

Woot woot, Fitterer the genius strikes again.

And the offense was still terrible and the team was losing.  Another injury and he would have been worthless to us and anyone else.  I hate this, I hate that this team is so bad. But probably a very good deal. Also remember, Rhule will not be in charge of everything when the draft rolls around.

Has to be very hard to the not only the best player but a great player on an awful team. He handled that well. I am still sad but I am happy for Christian. The Niners should have a great offense and they have so much talent that CMC will not have to carry the team.  May extend his career. Hope so.

This season was/is sucking no matter what.

IIRC, when McD and Beam went to Buffalo they made some unpopular trades, trading away good and popular players.  Tough decisions that seems to to paying off.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

And the offense was still terrible and the team was losing.  Another injury and he would have been worthless to us and anyone else.  I hate this, I hate that this team is so bad. But probably a very good deal. Also remember, Rhule will not be in charge of everything when the draft rolls around.

Has to be very hard to the not only the best player but a great player on an awful team. He handled that well. I am still sad but I am happy for Christian. The Niners should have a great offense and they have so much talent that CMC will not have to carry the team.  May extend his career. Hope so.

This season was/is sucking no matter what.

IIRC, when McD and Beam went to Buffalo they made some unpopular trades, trading away good and popular players.  Tough decisions that seems to to paying off.

You make a lot of sense. I'm still going to be mad about this for a long time.

And yeah, I hope CMC has a great career there and gets a ring. Not as revenge, but because he's a dynamite player and seemed like just a great guy and teammate the entire time he was here.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

I feel ya. I’m good with the picks we got because we suck and we need to rebuild. That said, it feels hollow because it basically feels like we basically just recovered our picks for Sam and Corral. It doesn’t feel like we fleeced anyone because we don’t have two firsts like many of the rebuild teams seem to have and because all our traded away picks were early round picks and what we got back could be really late round picks so the 2nd we got might be a handful of picks before the 3rd we have to NE.

If we don’t nail this draft, we are back at square one. 

Unfortunately, we will likely be at square 1 if we hit or miss on this draft.

It's going to be a rough 22 and 23 if I had to guess.  Lots of excitement in the offseason, and pain during.

• Pie 1