• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer

Panthering

Just now, Khaki Lackey said:

Between Teddy's contract and picking up Sam's option...mind boggling moves.

Exactly! We had already agreed we overcommitted to Teddy but then we go and do the same thing with Darnold? It just made no sense. Moves like that make really iffy with Fitt and Tepp even with Rhule gone. 

Was there really no one in the room who thought it could be a bad idea?

I think they should send him packing at the tail end of the season.   I don’t think he deserves to stay here. 

Keeping him feels like keeping Rhule headed into this season. Pointless.  He has been too involved in this mess and somehow gets a pass from it all. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

This is what bad organizations do. The GM and the Coach should be on the same clock.

Scott should either be fired or he should be able to hire coach and gets as long as the coach does. 

My assumption is that is exactly what is going to happen 

• Beer 1

He did what I needed to see so I am willing to wait and see at this point...but it's too damn close still. He had a hand in a lot of bad here. Setting up for a good offseason is not only good but it was necessary. I expect to see another trade (Shaq) at some point but he has done well from what we know in the past 2 weeks. If they can avoid giving out stupid heavy backended deals to keep players happy to stay and just limp into the offseason then we should be in a solid spot to hire a competent HC.

13 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Exactly! We had already agreed we overcommitted to Teddy but then we go and do the same thing with Darnold? It just made no sense. Moves like that make really iffy with Fitt and Tepp even with Rhule gone. 

Was there really no one in the room who thought it could be a bad idea?

To be fair, I believe it was Hurney who made the Teddy deal, not Fiterrer.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, JVic said:

"Collection of pics is equivalent to a late first" ...

Really?  Then you should now be able to trade them all to someone for a late first rounder.     

I believe he could, but I don’t see the need unless we’re moving up to select a QB who dropped and we didn’t get one with our first. 

I like the chances we hit on two starters with those picks. We’ll have the first pick or so in the second anyway.