• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Anderson v. QB

CPcavedweller

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

Here is the question, did the Lions take Aiden Hutchinson or reach for Kenny Pickett? They took Hutchinson. Why. Because if you took Pickett or Willis you were reaching and over paying massively.

That's what we are looking at for 2023. Any QB taken at number 1 you are massively over spending for. That's a position for a generational, sure fire talent. Anderson is that.

Now you pair Burns with Anderson for three years, let Corral develop his mind to match his physical tools, and you may have a championship window if you play the markets right and draft well.

This year's QB is not comparably to last years. Last years was worse than the 2013 QB class. The lions also have Goff and while Goff isn't a good QB he is a proven NFL starter and has put up decent numbers for them. We on the other hand have no one at the QB spot. We have had such a massive drop off in QB play since the TJ watt hit on Cam newton that Thursday night game in 2018. A new Head coach isn't gonna tie their job to a 3rd QB from the previous staff or a journeyman QB in free agency especially when we will have the 1st pick in a good QB draft class. 

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I don't want Hartman. I don't want Stroud. I don't want Levis.

If I'm being honest I think we lucked out with Corral in the 3rd and the fact that he doesn't have to play behind this God forsaken offensive line. He can learn to be a pro in year 1.

Corral has the chance to be really good if it clicks mentally for him. He's got all of the tools you want in a franchise QB, if we can get a coach to develop him. 

This is why I want to go defense at number one. If you have a shot at a Micah Parsons, you need to take it and pair it with Brian Burns. Build the defense from the inside out. Brown, Burns, Horn, Anderson, Luvu, Chinn. That's a great core of defensive players to take pressure off of the offense. 

My preference is that we roll with Corral. I don't see a single guy in the 2023 draft I'd rather develop over Corral.

But the Panthers gonna Panther and spend yet another pick on a QB after we've spent what, six picks on QB's in the past three years? It's enough. If you have number one, you've got to go BPA and that's not any QB in this draft.

It's ridiculous to pass on a potential franchise QB because of a third round rookie who looked like they didn't belong in even the pre-season last year. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who by the way was knocked for a slight frame and who also btw is out for the year.  Hmmmm......

Agree, this is why I don't take Bryce Young number 1 either. Part of number one is measurables and potential. QB's can learn and grow the mind with study and experience, but you can't grow 5 inches. It has to be part of the evaluation.

12 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I don't want Hartman. I don't want Stroud. I don't want Levis.

If I'm being honest I think we lucked out with Corral in the 3rd and the fact that he doesn't have to play behind this God forsaken offensive line. He can learn to be a pro in year 1.

Corral has the chance to be really good if it clicks mentally for him. He's got all of the tools you want in a franchise QB, if we can get a coach to develop him. 

This is why I want to go defense at number one. If you have a shot at a Micah Parsons, you need to take it and pair it with Brian Burns. Build the defense from the inside out. Brown, Burns, Horn, Anderson, Luvu, Chinn. That's a great core of defensive players to take pressure off of the offense. 

My preference is that we roll with Corral. I don't see a single guy in the 2023 draft I'd rather develop over Corral.

But the Panthers gonna Panther and spend yet another pick on a QB after we've spent what, six picks on QB's in the past three years? It's enough. If you have number one, you've got to go BPA and that's not any QB in this draft.

I personally don’t like Corral either… he’s another QB out of an offensive scheme that uses RPO as their base.

RPO is fine in moderation but you can’t run it 100% of the time, NFL defenses will figure it out.

Will Anderson very well could be elite. Unfortunately elite defenses rarely win Super Bowl’s anymore… elite QB play on the other hand does.

I’ve seen enough from Stroud that I’m sold on him… I get it, he comes from OSU… just so we are on the same page here… I need everyone to tell me what school’s we can draft QB’s from, I didn’t know there was a factory that we should be pulling from.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

31 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

The team with better QB play? It's the scheme. Dillon Gabriel put up better numbers in the same offense as Hooker has. So should we take Dillon Gabriel? Seriously, that's not an indictment on Will Anderson. It's a schematic issue and the Alabama defense which will have several 1st round draft picks was beat.

So using your logic, Tennessee beat Alabama by 3 points therefor we shouldn't draft any Alabama defender? 

Fine, I'll bite, we should draft Henry T'o'to (spelling) because he started at Tennessee.

I'll bite further, let's draft Hendon Hooker to run the AIR RAID IN THE NFL!

Seriously, people can't say Grayson McCall is a system QB and then in the same breath say that Hooker isn't. Furthermore they can't say Hooker is such a great QB because Will Anderson, the Heisman contending defensive player, is bad because of how the Tennessee game worked out. He was double teamed all night long and Tennessee was getting the ball out quick all night long.

People here said Micah Parsons was lazy, took plays off, was too small, didn't have the motor, and would ultimately flame out in the NFL. Parsons and Anderson are essentially carbon copies of each other.

Y'all were wrong about Parsons, you're wrong about Anderson. 

I'm not an Alabama fan, I'm an App State fan. If I was saying this due to Fandom I'd say we need to draft Nick Hampton in the 4th round (still may not be a bad idea), but I'm not.

Air raid QB’s have at least found some success… Patrick Mahomes and occasionally Kyler Murray…. While that’s not a glowing list, it’s two more QB’s than a base RPO offense has put in the NFL.

32 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Here is the question, did the Lions take Aiden Hutchinson or reach for Kenny Pickett? They took Hutchinson. Why. Because if you took Pickett or Willis you were reaching and over paying massively.

That's what we are looking at for 2023. Any QB taken at number 1 you are massively over spending for. That's a position for a generational, sure fire talent. Anderson is that.

Now you pair Burns with Anderson for three years, let Corral develop his mind to match his physical tools, and you may have a championship window if you play the markets right and draft well.

Funny enough… the Lions are still losing games… and it ain’t because of their offense.

On the contrary, the Panthers are also losing games… and ain’t because of their defense.