• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keith Taylor Jr

B_Eazi

Can we all agree the Henderson experiment is over.. I didn’t even realize he played yesterday but after rewatching subbed in for CJ mid 3rd and played fairly decent. Really feel like he needs more reps (something I think the organization is realizing). Maybe an unpopular opinion but I wouldn’t be mad at Horn and Taylor outside and Djax playing the slot. Hell at this point I feel there is talent on this roster but the former dictator was to oblivious to the fact. Case in fact Foreman rushing over 100 yards

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

22 minutes ago, B_Eazi said:

Can we all agree the Henderson experiment is over.. I didn’t even realize he played yesterday but after rewatching subbed in for CJ mid 3rd and played fairly decent. Really feel like he needs more reps (something I think the organization is realizing). Maybe an unpopular opinion but I wouldn’t be mad at Horn and Taylor outside and Djax playing the slot. Hell at this point I feel there is talent on this roster but the former dictator was to oblivious to the fact. Case in fact Foreman rushing over 100 yards

What did CJ give up on Sunday?

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Varking said:

What did CJ give up on Sunday?

This is not an indictment solely based on last game but in totality of the entire season so far. I can only recall him giving up a long 2nd or 3rd down conversion early in the game. The run play he got injured on he sort of whiffed and tried to arm tackle Fournette. The defense as a whole played well today.. Hell we shut out Brady and I hate to nitpick but His bad plays this season have far outweighed the good. This is also a statement to Donte as well. He is serviceable in the position but I think he would fair better in the slot. Someone said it in another thread but we really need to see what we have talent wise in our youth. Brandon Smith, Barno, TMJ, etc.

1 hour ago, B_Eazi said:

This is not an indictment solely based on last game but in totality of the entire season so far. I can only recall him giving up a long 2nd or 3rd down conversion early in the game. The run play he got injured on he sort of whiffed and tried to arm tackle Fournette. The defense as a whole played well today.. Hell we shut out Brady and I hate to nitpick but His bad plays this season have far outweighed the good. This is also a statement to Donte as well. He is serviceable in the position but I think he would fair better in the slot. Someone said it in another thread but we really need to see what we have talent wise in our youth. Brandon Smith, Barno, TMJ, etc.

On one hand you can say he “whiffed” on the play he got hurt. On the other, he shot in quickly, slowing and altering Fournette’s path behind the LOS, allowing his teammates to drop him short on 4th down. 

I like Taylor and agree he needs reps, but CJ is so young still, flashes his elite athleticism, and has improved as a tackler since college. The tools are there. His main issue is PI’s when he doesn’t have to.

Horn spoils us a little. 

• Pie 2

I think one of Jackson/Henderson aren't here next year. I wonder what we could get for Donte. Not wanting to give up Horn/Brown/Burns/Chinn is the right move. I just wonder if Donte could fetch a draft pick worth moving him.

I really like Taylor and hope he gets the reps to continue improving. He could be our CB2 of the future if given the chance. Hopefully iron sharpens iron.

If not, it's okay because we have four CBs that can lock that position down for awhile. 

Keith may have tailed off a bit last year, but he was a rookie, and he honestly should be starring opposite Horn.  He has shown the tools you're looking for in a starter and will only get better, and even in his games he has struggled, he hasn't ever looked nearly as bad as CJ has, EVER.  And for more visual evidence, go look what he did against Justin Jefferson against the Vikings last season.  His coverage in one of those double moves was an absolute masterclass.

Keith should be starting.  

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I think one of Jackson/Henderson aren't here next year. I wonder what we could get for Donte. Not wanting to give up Horn/Brown/Burns/Chinn is the right move. I just wonder if Donte could fetch a draft pick worth moving him.

I really like Taylor and hope he gets the reps to continue improving. He could be our CB2 of the future if given the chance. Hopefully iron sharpens iron.

If not, it's okay because we have four CBs that can lock that position down for awhile. 

I understood giving Henderson another year because of the age and the investment from the trade, but Jackson shouldve never been brought back, and I'm convinced was solely brought back because Rhule loved him.  As I've said elsewhere, I think Gilmore can play until he's 40 effectively, in the mold of a Deion and Rod and Charles Woodson, where as his physical ability declines, he can effectively transition to safety.  Jackson is an above average run defender and average to below average coverage guy whose only INTs have come off busted plays where he happened to be in the right place at the right time.  He shouldn't have been brought back.  He'll, I would've brought back Bouye before either of them.

But as far as next season, and based off play right now, I think DJax is brought back and Henderson is gone.

I would like to add, Hartsfield has looked really good the last couple of weeks defending the slot. You can really tell the difference as the run fits have been better and defense looks overall better coached. Other than Evans shoving DJax to the ground on the deep post nobody has looked lost like the start of the season.