• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More trade predictions from LaCanfora

Paa Langfart

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd take a strong veteran mentor for our top 10 pick rookie LT over a conditional late round pick. What are we gonna do, draft another long snapper?

Icky was never going to bust   Who wa s Gross' s mentor?  Did he have one?  Did you ever hear of bundling picks?  Did we not draft a he'll of a kicker once upon a time not so many years ago late in the draft who is now one of the best for another team?

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think Campen is doing just fine. Erving would not be missed. 

He is. But there's more to being an NFL player than just the Xs and Os and on-field technique. Mentors are a good thing for kids trying to learn how to be professionals while also dealing with being newly made millionaires.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd take a strong veteran mentor for our top 10 pick rookie LT over a conditional late round pick. What are we gonna do, draft another long snapper?

But muh 5th rounder for ERV!!!

You have to forgive me, Im a draft whore. It does much sense to keep him, even if its only for Icky. You can also look at it form this side too, If a team signs him, the panthers are in line for a decent comp pick as well(i bet). 

Still alllll that said, I would still take a 5th and tell Icky to text Erv.....

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

But muh 5th rounder for ERV!!!

You have to forgive me, Im a draft whore. It does much sense to keep him, even if its only for Icky. You can also look at it form this side too, If a team signs him, the panthers are in line for a decent comp pick as well(i bet). 

Still alllll that said, I would still take a 5th and tell Icky to text Erv.....

I honestly think his value is more along the lines of a conditional 7th. Hence why I'd rather keep him.

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He is. But there's more to being an NFL player than just the Xs and Os and on-field technique. Mentors are a good thing for kids trying to learn how to be professionals while also dealing with being newly made millionaires.

Mentorship is not a part of his contract.  He's overrated and overpaid.  His replacement was just signed and now it's up to Campen to get him ready should he be needed.  Ikem has a backup already in Christensen.  Any of the remaining backups can play guard.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Mentorship is not a part of his contract.  He's overrated and overpaid.  His replacement was just signed and now it's up to Campen to get him ready should he be needed.  Ikem has a backup already in Christensen.  Any of the remaining backups can play guard.

You're not getting out from under the contract. I'd rather have the mentorship over the conditional 7th.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1